Sand Dunes

Jellyfish

We were down for Thanksgiving and went on our annual rail run to the dunes. If you have ever been, you head North from the 1st train station. About halfway along that dirt road we came across a dead body!! He was in the road enough we had to swerve around him. He had been there long enough for the critters to have a good meal, but was still bloated. It was of corse, very unsettling. As his hair and scalp were gone, we could see holes in his head. We scrapped the trip and headed back to cholla and reported it.
So my question is, was there anything in the news?? His clothing suggested he could have been police??

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's nearly as bad as my friends that found "Lucy" when they were out fishing. Bloated female dead body, had been out there for days, near Guaymas. They nicknamed her Lucy and reported it. The rest of the day was lost to dealing with the Mexican Navy. If I ever find a body, I'm leaving it and going on about my business. After taking some pictures, of course!

<slaps "Stand By Me" into the Forum Blu-Ray player>

Jellyfish

We were a large group and many thought we shouldn't say anything. But it was decided that this was somebody's son, father, brother etc. Not to mention we want to go to the dunes again and did not want to see him. We reported him at the Cholla police station, it was very brief. I have a Mexical cell phone, but did not want to be detained with the body.
Thanks for the link, but I do not read spanish. How about a translation??

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Roughly, from Google:

MAN IS EXECUTED IN THE GULF ROAD
December 12, 2010

By: Silvano Galicia War
Rocky Point, SON.

Tourists walking on the dunes located north of this city, they found the body of a person in a complete state of putrefaction, which is male, and was apparently executed with bullets, officers went to the place PEI, municipal police custody, expert service staff of the PGJE, and the Ministerial Agent based in this port.
Ministry officials said, at approximately 17:00 on Saturday 27 November, was called in the C-4, known in which a group of tourists walking cautri-bikes in the vicinity of Carlos Salinas de Ejido Gortari, about 3 miles northwest of the asphalt, at kilometer 24 of the road to the Gulf of Santa Clara was where they made the gruesome discovery, to where they moved the staff of various law enforcement agencies, keeping in view the body a person dressed in beige trousers, brown jacket, belt and black shoes, unofficially it is said that the apparent cause of death was gunshot wounds, effects that apparently was hit in the face and back, but The medical examiner will determine whether these were the cause of death, forensic services staff set the scene with photographs and recordings, and once done the job, Mr. Mario Alberto Diaz Alcantar, head of the Ministerial Agency, ordered removal body, which was transferred to the funeral of ara turn the autopsy.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Defrente http://www.defrente.com.mx/ has a artical in the section called Behind the railing.

Rick,
Cholla Bay
The better story is the one about the guy from Atlanta that hired some hookers to do a "trio" and they relieved him of his wallet and cellphone!! Hahahaha!!

"the manic <bad word here> gringo hired for a sexual encounter, and when the fare, refused to make payment for the fare, which is clearly defined in the paragraph that says "normal Trio = $ 100, with ornaments, $ 50 extra for indefinitely, another $ 50 extra, "not because the poor click retired, not having enough to pay, the better won said, well, that's what they said the pair of" coyotes "(or foxes arrived).

Gotta love Defrente!!

Sorry about no translation. When I bring it up with google it gives me the translated version. I allways read defrente it puts a different light on how news is reported.

Rick
Cholla Bay