Sandy Beach and the Jetty

We went to hang out at the beach today and discovered there is actually an official break in the fence so you can
get onto Sandy Beach. There are 2 Porta Johns there.
We noticed about 30 people on the beach Saturday with shade tents and buggies on the beach.
Free admission the access in, is about 100 feet south of the turn off to Wrecked on the reef. It's on the left side of the jetty.

The were dumping loads of rocks there when we were there.

The only downside was the invasion of many, little white flies that were in Cholla when we left
and many more at SB, so thick we left after 2 hours.

Cool thing we saw was about 30 sting rays flying out of the water 1-2 feet, every 15-20 seconds, never saw that before it went on for 15 minutes.
Talked to a guy who was snorkeling where we were and he cautioned us that there were many
sting rays in that area.
Another great long 5 day weekend in Penasco. :cool:

Sure glad to hear that. Do you9 think the sand is hard enough to launch a jet ski?
Depends on what you're pulling it with. Sand is not packed enough, OK till you get close to the water, within maybe 150 feet away. You will sink most vehicles, even with my buggy with big flotation tires its tricky. You should like your T-Mobile service the 4g is pretty fast .

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The only downside was the invasion of many, little white flies that were in Cholla when we left
and many more at SB, so thick we left after 2 hours.
They were EVERYWHERE when I was down a week ago. Couldn't be outside without eating/breathing the damned things blowing in on the breeze. Made me wonder where they are coming from. I mean, they are not a desert or sand bug. Must be from further south in agricultural areas around Caborca and such. We used to get infested with them here in AZ when they harvested the cotton every year and they'd swarm in and try to suck the life out of my garden.

It's Closed Again :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I went by SB today and the porta johns were gone and the entrance area is wired closed again.
Damn, I was so happy we had access again.
Original mood :) then turned to :(, then mood turned into :mad: and after a couple of beers watching the sunset in Cholla :cool: and back to normal :)

They were EVERYWHERE when I was down a week ago. Couldn't be outside without eating/breathing the damned things blowing in on the breeze. Made me wonder where they are coming from. I mean, they are not a desert or sand bug. Must be from further south in agricultural areas around Caborca and such. We used to get infested with them here in AZ when they harvested the cotton every year and they'd swarm in and try to suck the life out of my garden.
They are still pretty bad, in Cholla today but about 1/2 of what it was on Sunday.
We came down Thurs and Sunday was the 1st we saw of them in Cholla.

ditto on the cotton harvest. I worked in Gilbert for many years and if any of you know, they have/had a lot of cotton fields. I fought them every year.

Noticed last week they were removing concrete blocks from jetty and hauling them back to plant wrong size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Noticed last week they were removing concrete blocks from jetty and hauling them back to plant wrong size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No they probably made a mistake and had to regroup.........just kidding dont worry about it they will finish it or not......