Santo Tomas pictures

jerry

Thanks Kenny, A RPTalk forum member is down here on a charter with Scott this weekend...caught lots of fish,even had a Marlin surface near the boat

MIRAMAR

Maybe next week we'll try Scott. What's his number? We met Scott a couple of years ago at our taco place in Sonoita El Serape. He just had seen the whale shark at bird island and showed pictures

jerry

ff your computer, go hop on one and go fishing for awhile rather than overposting on this forum every day.[/QUOTE]
nothing like drunk posting at midnight...while me an my dogs are up,eating some grub and get ready to ATV up the coast to surf cast in the middle of nowhere ...you know , real guy stuff ...you should get out of your comfort zone and come down...I need a guy to help me on my gold claim in the mountains above Lobos I discovered while you were out on that lake boat of yours..

YumaJames

Wow. You've never even met me or know anything about me and accuse me of drunk posting at midnight and not being a man. You're a real winner, Jerry.

jerry

Hey all good...I post a picture of my buddies boat...what do you then post...some bitchy little comment...I was just talking gear....love the stuff and would have expected a technical comment on the merits from a boat guy...

apricot

Wow. You've never even met me or know anything about me and accuse me of drunk posting at midnight and not being a man. You're a real winner, Jerry.
Hey, don't feel bad Yuma James. That's Jerry's standard reply to a lot of us, me included. Apparently, if we're replying late at night, we must be drunk. Jerry, on the other hand, must hit the hay by 10 every night.

Kenny

I too thought James's post was a little out of character and to tell the truth I was surprised with his cheap shot. So what was it James, prescription drugs:eek:, not booze.:D

I too thought James's post was a little out of character and to tell the truth I was surprised with his cheap shot.
Not commenting on the substances but am wondering what set him off? The boat, or just that it was Jerry that posted it?

The forums have been a bit quiet. Even Russ and Jerry's back and forth has been civil. Maybe he was just trying to shake things up a bit? Lol.

As far as the boat, it looks safe and very buoyant if nothing else.

jerry

Would be great for places with big tide chances at low tide like Lagrimas owns

Anyway peace to James...I should not have replied in that manner...I will make you a pizza if you drop by ( we are getting a garden project together..thinking goats too.)image.jpg

jerry

Check out my Garden Update Jerry. You should look into the aquaponic side of things considering water issues and your DIY nature.
That is great! Do you have a materials list for plumbing part of project.I have to get you together with my friend Doug down here.He just got a grant from Sonoran Dept of Agriculture for a small fish farming operation.The combination of that with this could be pretty amazing

I will help with a list but, if you go back to the first videos I posted it shows exactly how it's built before the rock and water are in and how the he'll siphon works and everything. And I have some video from the godfather of aquaponic that I may be able to send you through email. Can't say his name he likes to sue people.
Ummm, hit me with your email in a forum message if you like.

jerry

Got it...the one with the complete build with the utility guiding is great...we do need to talk at some point!

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I will help with a list but, if you go back to the first videos I posted it shows exactly how it's built before the rock and water are in and how the he'll siphon works and everything. And I have some video from the godfather of aquaponic that I may be able to send you through email. Can't say his name he likes to sue people.
Ummm, hit me with your email in a forum message if you like.
That is great! Do you have a materials list for plumbing part of project.I have to get you together with my friend Doug down here.He just got a grant from Sonoran Dept of Agriculture for a small fish farming operation.The combination of that with this could be pretty amazing
Jerry, the U of A in Tucson has or had an Aquaponics facilty out near the airport, when I went they were raising tilapia and striped bass. When I raised tilapia in Maricopa 10 years ago, I got a visit from some government officials from Sonora, looking for a new money making scheme, their idea was to build a pond, put palapas around it, with tables, build a kitchen... then put numbers on the tails of some of the fish. Then charge people to fish, the fish with the numbers, if caught would give the fisherman a prize (money). It would be run like a lottery..Their plan also included, the fish caught, if the people wanted would be cooked and served at their palapa. Damien from http://www.americulture.com/ supplied my tilapia.

Last edited:
Sadly the best fish to use (that are avaiable to us) are Tilapia.

The reason being is that Tilapia are actually very low in Omega 3 fatty acids and very High in Omega 6. Omega 6 is the same type of fatty acid you find in Sunflower oil and things like chips! If you have arthritis or heart disease Omega 6 is very bad for you.

I wish we could get Jade Perch here but they are native to Australia. I looked into importing 25- 2" fish 3 years ago. The fish were only going to cost $58 bucks but, it was going to cost over $3000 to ship them and they will only ship to L.A.x or JFK....

Jade perch are higher in Omega 3 than Salmon.

The main thing to remember with Aquaponics is to keep the build as cheap as possible. If you spend thousands on equipment it will be the most expensive lettuce you have ever eaten for a long time before it pays for itself! Lol.

playaperro

El Pirata
Sadly the best fish to use (that are avaiable to us) are Tilapia.

The reason being is that Tilapia are actually very low in Omega 3 fatty acids and very High in Omega 6. Omega 6 is the same type of fatty acid you find in Sunflower oil and things like chips! If you have arthritis or heart disease Omega 6 is very bad for you.

I wish we could get Jade Perch here but they are native to Australia. I looked into importing 25- 2" fish 3 years ago. The fish were only going to cost $58 bucks but, it was going to cost over $3000 to ship them and they will only ship to L.A.x or JFK....

Jade perch are higher in Omega 3 than Salmon.

The main thing to remember with Aquaponics is to keep the build as cheap as possible. If you spend thousands on equipment it will be the most expensive lettuce you have ever eaten for a long time before it pays for itself! Lol.
Don't think Jerry will be growing tomatoes or chili's, more along the afghan goo line.

jerry

Hey all good...I post a picture of my buddies boat...what do you then post...some bitchy little comment...I was just talking gear....love the stuff and would have expected a technical comment on the merits from a boat guy...
image.jpg Well I would save my 40k...really cool,fast but still a hassle to launch even on our wide open beach.. A suzuki little shit box jeep on the other hand is on my want list