Santo Tomas

JB123

That's a great price. Where can I get this?

I also read about a fish camp near Santo Tomas where one can buy from the local fishermen. Does that still exist?
The guys clean them and freeze 12 bucks a kilo....good...

MIRAMAR

How does the crab taste from Sea Products? I've tasted crab Tacos from a restaurant on the Malecon and they tasted "crabby" and not in a good way

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
How does the crab taste from Sea Products? I've tasted crab Tacos from a restaurant on the Malecon and they tasted "crabby" and not in a good way
Oh No. the bearded lady in line ahead of me at the MVD , almost gagged me today and now this....Thats alright Miss H... you had no way of knowing

Hello, I have a trip planned to Santo Tomas in a couple weeks. I am interested in any tips or advice from people familiar with the area. I am particularly interested in learning about the best spots for the following:

1) activities for kids
2) jet ski or boat rentals
3) fishing (shore or boat)
4) clamming
5) snorkeling
6) tidepools
7) other activities or services

I've read that you can hire some locals to come out and cook dinner, give massages, etc. Any detailed info from knowledgable members is greatly appreciated. You may PM me if you wish. Thanks in advance!
Any Dorado there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JB123

Any Dorado there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'll report back when I return. I doubt I'll get a boat to take us out. It's too expensive and too far from where we are staying in Santo Tomas. I won't be there for another couple weeks.

Robusto

Yes...pitch your shelter 40 yards north of the beach club down on the beach but backed to dunes...great snorkeling and fishing at rock formations another 30 yards north. if a bit wavey boogey board just past these rocks to the north...some kind of sand bar that gives a long ride.....as always best fishing on incoming tide ..sunset sitting kayaks,dolphins usually come by 9-10 am.If Sctt Kiefer is down he can be hired to fish or take you too bird island....lots of firewood in mesquite thatch up on dunes
Wow Jerry quick question, I've been surfing my whole life and I'm the only person I've seen catching waves and board surfing at Playa Bonita and Encanto. You speak of a sandbar that produces good rides, is this generally on a strong south westerly wind? Waves about 2-4ft with decent shape?

jerry

Exactly and needs to be with the big incoming tide....actual 5 footers that weren't all chopped up a few years ago