Satellite Internet access

Estero

Pretty much zero latency. The speeds of the new system are incredibly fast and yes Vonage works, Exede is even offering their own voip product.

JoseAz

Estero,
What package did you sign up for with Excede?
It looks like they charge for internet (various packages), voice and equipment. Combo of all the biggest and best is over $100/mo.
http://www.exede.com/services-pricing/?zip=85254

Do you just use for internet and webmail or do you download netflix, Direct TV movies or other?
Direct has a limited number of satellite movies offered. For a wider selection we would need to download them from their site on another piece of equipment. Our Telemex account can't handle the load

Do you ever run over your GB's?

Thanks in advance

Joe in Las Conchas

Estero

Estero,
What package did you sign up for with Excede?
It looks like they charge for internet (various packages), voice and equipment. Combo of all the biggest and best is over $100/mo.
http://www.exede.com/services-pricing/?zip=85254

Do you just use for internet and webmail or do you download netflix, Direct TV movies or other?
Direct has a limited number of satellite movies offered. For a wider selection we would need to download them from their site on another piece of equipment. Our Telemex account can't handle the load

Do you ever run over your GB's?

Thanks in advance

Joe in Las Conchas
We have the biggest package which is 150 gigs a month. It is used for all of the above and between midnight and 6 or 7 in the morning you can download all you want without it impacting your monthly allotment of data. We have not gone over the 15o gigs yet. We have become a dealer and are actually doing an install tomorrow in the Mirador.

How do you get Netflix? The only way I can use it is thru a wii player
We have Netflix on two tv's'
One is a smart tv with wifi just down load your netflix acct
Second on has Apple tv connected with the wifi then add your Netflix to Apple box
We live at North beach and never have had a problem , we get our wifi from Miquel , I
Couldn't tell you how many gigs or such we get ( not tech savy )

JimMcG

We have Netflix on two tv's'
One is a smart tv with wifi just down load your netflix acct
Second on has Apple tv connected with the wifi then add your Netflix to Apple box
We live at North beach and never have had a problem , we get our wifi from Miquel , I
Couldn't tell you how many gigs or such we get ( not tech savy )
How much are you charged for wifi and do you have contact information for Miguel? Thanks.

Terry C

This was his June last year pricing.
1 month $60
2 months $110 ($55/month)
3 months $150 ($50/month)
4 months $200 ($50/month)
5 months $250 ($50/month)
6 months $270 ($45/month)
7 months $315 ($45/month)
8 months $340 ($42/month)
9 months $380 ($42/month)
10 months $420 ($42/month)
12 months $480 ($40/month)

JimMcG

This was his June last year pricing.
1 month $60
2 months $110 ($55/month)
3 months $150 ($50/month)
4 months $200 ($50/month)
5 months $250 ($50/month)
6 months $270 ($45/month)
7 months $315 ($45/month)
8 months $340 ($42/month)
9 months $380 ($42/month)
10 months $420 ($42/month)
12 months $480 ($40/month)
Still the same as of two days ago.

Miguel,

Is there a way we can test the Excede product before purchasing? The reason I ask is I use VPN to connect to my work/job and I cannot get it to work with Telmex or Megacable but my husband that works for another company can connect with both no problem. We use different types of VPN clients.

Our thought was that my company is blocking by IP and since Excede provides a U.S. IP adress that it might work for our six month stays in Rocky Point.

We have researched options to get VPN to work with Telmex and Megacable and unfortunately have ran into a wall.

Hoping we can get Excede to work but just need a way we can test it before becoming a customer.

Thanks
I brought a routher and went on Line and loaded DD-wrt open source into it, then installed my VPN program into it...then connected to the tel-mex routher .
I now can connect wifi around the house here in Town.

Miguel,

Is there a way we can test the Excede product before purchasing? The reason I ask is I use VPN to connect to my work/job and I cannot get it to work with Telmex or Megacable but my husband that works for another company can connect with both no problem. We use different types of VPN clients.

Our thought was that my company is blocking by IP and since Excede provides a U.S. IP adress that it might work for our six month stays in Rocky Point.

We have researched options to get VPN to work with Telmex and Megacable and unfortunately have ran into a wall.

Hoping we can get Excede to work but just need a way we can test it before becoming a customer.

Thanks
I brought a routher and went on Line and loaded DD-wrt open source into it, then installed my VPN program into it...then connected to the tel-mex routher .
I now can connect wifi around the house here in Town.