Sea Lion at the Old Port....is that unusual?

We were eating at The Point Thursday and a Sea Lion was swimming along next
to the rocks where all the Pelicans are 'fishing'. I've been coming down for many
years but never seen any there. Is it unusual or have I just missed it all along?

I remember several years ago, we heard one every evening from Playa Bonita..then one day when my daughter was swimming with a friend, a large one swam about 100 ft. Off the beach. There used to be a couple that would hang out inside the harbor.

AZ ROB

There is on big girl that lives on the swim platform of the Amelia Rose. I have had them come up on sand beach in front of the sonoran sea.

May just be my luck, but I've seen almost an equal number of sea lion(s?) in close range than dolphin through the years just sitting on the beach in Las Conchas or Mirador, even more so on the sunset cruises that used to extend down to the end of Las Conchas. These days, to save gas, they sit in the harbor for most of the "cruise" and barely make it out past Whale Hill... But they are quite the characters! The more beers you've had, the more it seems like the sea lions are actively mocking you with their honk-like call and sideways strut down the shore. Oh, and usually these are loners, except for the cruises further out.

azfish

May just be my luck, but I've seen almost an equal number of sea lion(s?) in close range than dolphin through the years just sitting on the beach in Las Conchas or Mirador, even more so on the sunset cruises that used to extend down to the end of Las Conchas. These days, to save gas, they sit in the harbor for most of the "cruise" and barely make it out past Whale Hill... But they are quite the characters! The more beers you've had, the more it seems like the sea lions are actively mocking you with their honk-like call and sideways strut down the shore. Oh, and usually these are loners, except for the cruises further out.

Wounder what they would do if you were drunk and high?:party:

There is on big girl that lives on the swim platform of the Amelia Rose. I have had them come up on sand beach in front of the sonoran sea.
This is the one AZ ROB was talking about...

[video=youtube;E7X_JWaKeRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7X_JWaKeRI[/video]