Sea of Cortez Fish Photos 2017

Ryan H.

Landing Mat
Shawno, looks like fun, trips like that aren't an every day thing, thanks for sharing.

Jerry, go away. . . .I don' see you posting pics of your catch.

Roberto, kiss off.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Mighty Fine, Mighty Fine Indeed Shawno..........

Nothing in the world like thick scarlet pools swirling over white gelcoat then billowing from the scuppers into our salty liquid playground!

The VERY FEW of us that actually participate in a completely law full sport have virtually no impact at all relating to the overall fish populations in the Sea of Cortez. Pangueros can't justify the fuel costs versus poundage of fish collected while trolling or the long runs to the deep reefs.

Maybe we will get a few calm days next month to get out and catch a few.

JJ

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Jerry... always such a breath of fresh air! :tanks:
Now that, is funny!
Man those are bigunnns.
Shawns a good guy and I enjoyed my outing with him. Didn't catch anything that big but still got us to a few nice fish for sure. I wouldn't consider this as being the problem with the big picture.
Nice pics Shawn.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
ja ja ja trump at work where did these posters with 1000 posts that I never saw before come from good work there stuart
They are members of this forum just like you, Roberto. But they have their own place to play where they don't offend the sensibilities of all of our "regular" members.

They are sportsmen, captains, fishermen, and hunters that don't subscribe to the idea of "political correctness." I personally invited them to enjoy Shawn's fishing pictures in this thread because??? These are living the dream for those of us that love fishing.

You may or may not agree with that, and I hold nothing against you either way, Roberto. I think you know that. But, FISHING has always been the heart of this forum and will continue to be as long as I have anything to do with it.

We (in Rocky Point) have some of the best fishing in the world. 99.9% of the people that look at what Shawn, myself, and a few others are able to catch on an average day are jealous as f*ck.

It won't be condos or cruise ships that "save" Rocky Point. It will be the conservation of sportsman like myself, Kenny, and many others that are willing to come there, catch within limits, and proudly share our catches with the world. We spend money to do just that.

Rocky Point has always revolved around the Sea of Cortez. This is not new, going back to Cholla Bay days and the Cholla Bay Sportsman Club. Fishing was the draw that brought us gringos and still does. The chance to go out in the sea and catch Moby Dick. The feeling and draw is primal and always will be.

Sorry if that doesn't fit the mold of your real estate world. But, despite what you may believe, you only need read the comments in this thread to understand exactly how true what I'm saying is.

These are some awesome fish... and Shawn is an awesome fisherman. Most here would pay lots of money to be half as lucky.

Hugs,
Stuart

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Huh... interestink coinkydink... :shrug:

Ryan H.

TheBigWhit

imstillsouthtexasreds

RoadKill

KDM

That is an amazing run!
Not really, Hill. These folks are here because another forum which I was part of collapsed around us all due to "political correctness". The only reason you see any of them in this thread is because they are fisherman and I wanted to share just how awesome Shawno's pictures are with them.

I have been privileged to personally have fished with some of them. And they are indeed some of the best of the best, from Lake Erie, to Florida, to the oil rigs off the Louisiana coast.

For the sake of not offending sensibilities of those who's view of the world does not extend beyond Rocky Point, they have their own place on this forum, but are indeed members.

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
I figured as much.
I was mostly in awe of how busy they have been in 6 months.
I don't look in all areas, for the most part, to notice how often people are posting, liking etc.
Initially I was just happy to see Shawn Posting.
This time next week I hope I will already have had a line in the water.
Maybe see yall soon.