Seguro Popular

marybna

I am hearing from friends in Mazatlan about signing up and using this medical insurance. Does anyone know about it? I now it is a government insurance plan but I did not know that Americans could sign up for it.

I am hearing from friends in Mazatlan about signing up and using this medical insurance. Does anyone know about it? I now it is a government insurance plan but I did not know that Americans could sign up for it.
Mary, one of my employees knows this program (and the requirements for foreigners) like the back of his hand and has helped several of our clients go this route. It's very inexpensive. A little time-consuming to begin with (paperwork and physical), but well worth it for people who want to know that in the event of an emergency they'll have the treatment they need and it's covered. Also, surgeries are included. There are exclusions the first year, but Alejandro is the guy to best explain that. As anyone with experience can tell you, using this program for regular doctors visits and meds might not be your best option, as it's frustrating at best, but for emergency care and major medical...I recommend it.

Send me an email or call the office and we'll put you in contact with Alejandro for more information.

zorromundo

zorromundo
I work before for the IMSS ( instituto mexicano del seguro social) for more than 20 years, his is the institution of health offering the seguro popular, This a program to offer health care at low rates, includes doctor visits, medication, hospitalization and surgery, but not pension, regular mexicans workers have all this plus pension program, but alots a people was living with out a health program, so the gobermant create this one, for gringos who travel to mexico this be great becaused in case of accident o emergency you can have care a low cost, you pay at the office of IMSS a flat payment for one year, and they give you a number and with this number you can have medicalk care in all the country, is not the best service but like I said for emergency is the best medical service in Mexico, I hope I help you with this info,,,, and how this IMSS work?? is a 3 part program, the 33.3 % is paid by federal goberment, 33.3% is paid for employers, and the last 33.3 % is paid for the mexican worker, in this case americans are not mexican workers, so only pay a flat fee for a year I am not sure but is around 100 bucks, (not sure), good luck...

I work before for the IMSS ( instituto mexicano del seguro social) for more than 20 years, his is the institution of health offering the seguro popular, This a program to offer health care at low rates, includes doctor visits, medication, hospitalization and surgery, but not pension, regular mexicans workers have all this plus pension program, but alots a people was living with out a health program, so the gobermant create this one, for gringos who travel to mexico this be great becaused in case of accident o emergency you can have care a low cost, you pay at the office of IMSS a flat payment for one year, and they give you a number and with this number you can have medicalk care in all the country, is not the best service but like I said for emergency is the best medical service in Mexico, I hope I help you with this info,,,, and how this IMSS work?? is a 3 part program, the 33.3 % is paid by federal goberment, 33.3% is paid for employers, and the last 33.3 % is paid for the mexican worker, in this case americans are not mexican workers, so only pay a flat fee for a year I am not sure but is around 100 bucks, (not sure), good luck...
Thank you, Zorromundo.

playaperro

El Pirata
Imss is not Seguro Popular

Here are the requirements for S/P
Affiliation Requirements

• Reside in the National Territory
  • Being without any rights in any social security institutions (IMSS, ISSSTE, PEMEX, SEDENA, etc.)
  • In the Affiliation and Orientation Module apply for the affiliation of the family in a voluntary way.
  • Provide the necessary information to be able to carry out a socio-economic evaluation of the family, called Socio-Economic Household Features Card.
  • Submit original and copy of the following documents
    1. Proof of Address
    2. "Clave Única de Registro de Población" of each member of the family or any Official Document which has it, in case you don’t have it, copy of the birth certificate
    3. Official ID with photo in it of the person who will act as head of the family
    4. Receipt of payment for family quota that is always paid except in the case of families whose socio-economic condition means that they are entitled not to contribute
    5. Additional documentation for those situations of families having children among 18 and 25 years old or be beneficiary of any federal program to fight poverty
  • In case of those families with children between 18 and 25 years old a must present a proof that they are studying media or higher education
  • Families that already benefit from Federal Government programs to alleviate extreme poverty should present a document containing the folio number of the beneficiary