Sending Money to Mexico

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Some of you may know I work for a bank, BBVA Compass. We are a global bank and BBVA Bancomer is the largest bank in Mexico. This came across my email today and I wanted to share it with all here, since it's huge news and can save all of you a lot of time, money, and effort if you currently (or need to at some point) send money to Mexico.

I don't have any information on the fees involved or anything else at this time, just that the service will go live to the public on October 16, 2017. They are asking team members (us at the bank) to give it a trial run right now.

Not trying to advertise here, but this sounds like a great thing for us folks and family that are back and forth over the border a lot!

:thumbsup:

BBVA is thrilled to announce the launch of Tuyyo, an exciting new mobile app allowing anyone in the U.S. to send money to loved ones in Mexico. The Tuyyo app is a standalone tool specifically designed to help people efficiently send money in a convenient and fun way.

More than $27 billion was transferred between the U.S. and Mexico in 2016, making Tuyyo a promising new service for BBVA.

The intuitive new app was developed by our colleagues at Spring Studio and the Dallas Creation Center and is powered by the BBVA Transfer Service (BTS) network, the global money transfer services unit that is a part of BBVA’s U.S. operations. I couldn’t be prouder.

When you send money using Tuyyo, recipients in Mexico can retrieve their money in one of three ways:

• Directly from their bank account
  • At cash pick-up locations
  • At a BBVA Bancomer ATM
You can even personalize your money transfer with a photo and a message from your favorite messaging app.

Starting Oct. 16, the Tuyyo app will launch publicly in the Apple App Store and Google Play store, and anyone in the U.S. will be able to use Tuyyo to send money to family and friends in Mexico.

We’re confident you and your families will enjoy using Tuyyo. I look forward to your support as one of the first users of this exciting new service.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I have used MoneyGram and Western Union in the past and both are expensive.
Yeah, they've kind of had the market cornered on this for a long time and could charge whatever they wanted. Like I said, I don't know what fees will be involved at this point, but I'm thinking the convenience factor will be huge!

jerry

Sounds better that Xoom.. they limit you to a grand a month if the person is picking it up in border areas....costs 5 bucks...plus being able to send right to a bank account is a plus.....cops at the Sonoyta speed traps could get fat on this!!!!

Last edited: