Shock and loss.

Don Juan

Ve con Dios Mexico Russ. You will be missed greatly. Hearts out to Naomi and Family.
Very sad! I've heard so many good things about Russ and Naomi. I'm new to RP, but you don't have to have been living down here long to have learned about these two and all the great things they do! Love and Prayers!

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was just talking to him via this site last month, asking for his expertise on where to stay in Guerrero Negro and which tour. Prayers to Naomi and family. Don't RIP Russ, please shake up heaven, make it fun, and continue your outgoing personality- we'll all be there in due time.

Last edited:

Terry C

Well Known Member
I was shocked to hear this today. A few days ago he was leading 57 RV’s to the border as he has done many times. Thoughts and prayers to Naomi and family

JonC

Very sad news. Although not close to him an only met once I could tell Russ was truly a genuine welcoming person. Penasco lost a great pillar to the community. My prayers go out to the family and all his close friends. Some of the nicest people we know leave us early with a positive lasting impression.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My reflections on this and other long time members of this forum (LadyJeeper, Roberto, and others that don't immediately come to mind because I'm old) are about how positive they were about RP and life in general. All are missed.

I'm drinking tequila tonight in their honor. Straight shots.

SALUT!

rplarry

Well Known Member
Not Russ but drinking oneself to death down here happens a lot. Clueless relatives have to pick up the pieces…been there !
https://fcaaz.org/1858-2/

Geez Gerald, your timing and tact is impeccable as always.

Someone sharing personal thoughts about a sad situation, and you have to go blow it up with your narrative.

Unless, are you insinuating something about this specific , sad situation ??

Old55

Well Known Member
Whine away Larry while I provide information a person in a similar situation desperately needs.This is the purpose of this forum pal.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Just anudder Cheez Burger in Paradise. The Black Dog used to be the watering hole of choice for the older crowd that really had nothing to do but drink.

Russ was not one of those. But Roberto kinda was. He was a fixture there. It does happen a lot to timeshare salesman and grifters as they age. Seen the same in Mazatlan, San Carlos, etc.

Could even be me at some point. Cash out, leave the rat race, fish when I can and drink when I can't.

Old55

Well Known Member
Just anudder Cheez Burger in Paradise. The Black Dog used to be the watering hole of choice for the older crowd that really had nothing to do but drink.

Russ was not one of those. But Roberto kinda was. He was a fixture there. It does happen a lot to timeshare salesman and grifters as they age. Seen the same in Mazatlan, San Carlos, etc.

Could even be me at some point. Cash out, leave the rat race, fish when I can and drink when I can't.
Think you have the start of a good James McMurtry song forming there Stewart!