Should we move this webpage to a Facebook group?

Do you have/use facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben21

This website costs me money every month and is dying, forums aren't used much when most people have moved to social media, hence the suggestion.

Our facebook group now has 461 members on it, more than this forum has active users.
Could you put a few banner ads up ? Google Adwords? Not sure if it would offset the costs...

Roberto

It depends if we can move it to facebook, I'm not going to kill the ability to communicate with each other, I'm just trying to find the best way to still have it around and gain new users.
Not sure what you mean here. Seems like it is already moved to Facebook just not taken down as a forum.
Do you intend to take the Forum down?
Do you suggest we start a new Forum so people can move to it if they do not want Faceboook??
Would that in some way cause you a problem??

The forum has obviously been a springboard for the new Facebook and an obvious possible springboard for a new forum for Penasco. The original forum was certainly a springboard for the existing one.

Thanks for your reply.

ernesto

Hey! Let's invite Happy, Sub, Drymeat, etc all the people that at least made it lively. Maybe some of Stu's trolls from the basement!

Roberto

They all kept things lively that's for sure. Did not think anyone else would remember Sub and the Walmart wars. I heard from Haps for awhile but not recently. Hey he could be the moderator !!

I wouldn't want this forum to close, what becomes of all the info people have contributed over the past ? of years? I'm going on 8 years here and have seen so much good info exchanged.
Good luck trying to find that on FB.

This website costs me money every month and is dying, forums aren't used much when most people have moved to social media, hence the suggestion.

Our facebook group now has 461 members on it, more than this forum has active users.

If you started a Patreon account and asked for a donation of $1 a month I'm sure you would get more that enough to cover your costs as well as compensation for your time. I currently donate $29 a month on Patreon between four different YouTube channels I watch. Totally worth it.

Bob Oso

For the sake of your poll, yes I have a FB account, and no I don't use it. Had my marketing guy make it just for my business when having all the social media platforms tagged to your website was some kind of status thing. I looked at it once years ago. I'm sure it's a valuable tool for those who like it, just not my thing. I'll be around here for as long as this forum is up, but doubt I'd follow on FB.

Kelney

I would hate to see this go FB only. I believe there are already several RP groups already on FB so not sure if another one is really needed. I truly get that this is an expense for you Tyler and you are not seeing much bang for your buck. That being said, there may be some folks who frequent the site that may be happy to take it over financially rather than seeing it die.

I joined this forum almost 5 years ago. Never have been able to post until today. I have enjoyed reading the posts (good or bad) for many years even before I joined. One of my favorites has to be Green Valley Jack, as I am also from Green Valley. We have visited Rocky Point every year for 14 years now, many times bringing family and friends. Forum staff is to commended for a great job moderating arguments. But that is what I think makes this forum a good read. "When all men think alike few men think at all". I would be happy to subscribe $12 a year if for this forum, if needed to keep it open. You have been well worth it. I am not a fan of facebook.

Roberto

Yeah I miss Ole Cactus on the Forum. Just don't go drinkin with him when he is here. The police here have managed to reduce the size of the force since he quit coming down.

jerry

Keeping it as it stands I vote no.Not interested in subsidizing Stews basement dwelling hate club or making people read my non mexico related opinions any more (sorry all... I just basically used it as a scrap book for stories that interested me .. didn't really give a shit what some southern racist thought about coal etc.)
But a new version with best practices cheat sheets ( with sub cheat sheets when great minds disagree) in each category would be good.
Remember this, the real estate community hates this thing because all bad news hurts sales...and let's face it from the 60s on crooked realtor types have landed here after fleecing Arizona suckers....Butterfied is just the latest. To this day they stand arm and arm and salute the most crooked of their profession for giving away alms to the poor while looking the other way as they continue in some cases to bilk buyers.

AutoPaint

Sniffin' da Toulene... AGAIN!
Keeping it as it stands I vote no.Not interested in subsidizing Stews basement dwelling hate club or making people read my non mexico related opinions any more (sorry all... I just basically used it as a scrap book for stories that interested me .. didn't really give a shit what some southern racist thought about coal etc.)
But a new version with best practices cheat sheets ( with sub cheat sheets when great minds disagree) in each category would be good.
Remember this, the real estate community hates this thing because all bad news hurts sales...and let's face it from the 60s on crooked realtor types have landed here after fleecing Arizona suckers....Butterfied is just the latest. To this day they stand arm and arm and salute the most crooked of their profession for giving away alms to the poor while looking the other way as they continue in some cases to bilk buyers.
You're such a hateful old man who is intolerant of anyone who doesn't see the world the same skewed way you do.

You should ask Tyler what the forum donation participation rate is from Stu's friends because they have overwhelmingly stepped up to save this forum.

jerry

You're such a hateful old man who is intolerant of anyone who doesn't see the world the same skewed way you do.

You should ask Tyler what the forum donation participation rate is from Stu's friends because they have overwhelmingly stepped up to save this forum.
You turds have nothing to do with Sonora...why are you here?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Again .why are these guys part of a Sonoran beach information site?
Let it go, Jerry. Seriously. They aren't raining on your parade one iota or any of the other forums. Go yell at a cloud or something. YOU seem to be the only one that has any issue with who's a member here and what they are allowed to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.