Smuggler's Cove has finally found a new home!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
After 3 years of waiting and a couple of false starts, we are finally at home in the PDO North 40, space 367. I have a lot of painting and cleaning to do but hope to throw a great big party for all of us on Thanksgiving weekend! Girls start practicing your moves....we are gonna dance on the sundeck...just like the olden days!:party::party::woo:

I am sooooooooooooo happy!

Que viva Smuggler's Cove otra vez!!!!!

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I can't freakin' sleep sometimes..........It makes me soooooo mad. Anyway, my mind is racing today. So many possibilities!

I swear, those Pink Johnson's!!!!

Hi could you tell me what Smugglers Cove was and what is the PDO North 40? My husband and I are looking for a place to land at least half the year. We will be coming down by October for the next 6 months, only coming home to New Mexico, now and then. We are so excited about it. I speak Spanish fluently and have lived in a variety of places in Mexico. We are reading everything on the forum and learning lots from it.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
PDO is short for Playa de Oro RV park, they have a section across the street from the main park called the North 40 and it is mainly trailers set up as more permanent residences. You can walk to the beacj from there walk to a few cantinas and restaurants or ride your quad or other beach or regular vehicle. It is in the area of town known as the Mirador. Its a pretty cool place to be if you are part timing it down here~gives you a good place to home base while you are out exploring the other areas of our little town. Not sure what smugglers cove is but I would bet it is the name o their house here

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yup, Smuggler's Cove was the name of my trailer space, patio and sundeck when I was set up in Playa Miramar RV Park from 1989 to 2007. All the oldsters on the forum remember the story of how they sold the park for yet more condos and made us leave. The condos never materialized and so now the emply lot just sits there with plastic bags and trash and weeds. Still makes me sick! It took 3 years of waiting to find another sundeck spot. I lived on the deck and just had to have another one. And, I love the Mirador. I tried to move to El Golfo and Playa San Jorge and the new Conchas Del Mar but I just couldn't bring myself to leave the Mirador.........