Snorkeling Labor Day Weekend

If anyone is interested in doing some snorkeling over Labor Day Weekend, Penasco Pirate and I are making plans to do some snorkeling from shore...

:boat:
Another option... I just received a call from a friend and as an alternate to snorkeling from shore we can book the 60 foot yacht ABOUT TIME for $100.00 (the cost of fuel) and snorkel in front of Pelican Point... this would be on saturday the 5th or monday the 7th, from 9:00 am to Noon... THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND ON DATES AND TIMES MENTIONED AS PART OF THE EVENT TO PROMOTE AND BENIFIT ADOPT-A-CLASSROOM of ROCKY POINT
:boat:

you would need to supply or bring your own beer & snorkel gear BYOB & SG because this would be just a bare boat cruise...

any additional donations above the $100.00 would be greatly appreciated for the schools...

Last edited:
P

Penasco Pirate

I'd like to do the boat day on Saturday, I have to go home Sunday evening. My wife has to work on Monday.:( Sorkle trip Sunday morning would be great, too...he!! I'm open for any snorkle trip! I've got my crew together, looks like 4 of us for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Good morning Seadweller, we would like to be part of the snorkeling chain gang, there is three of us, possibly four.

Cool Ink... we can all divide the cost so right now as it stands with your three and me it would be $25.00 a piece... the more we get to join the lower the price will be... what day is best for you? I'm thinking Saturday morning Sept.5...

Last edited:
I'd like to do the boat day on Saturday, I have to go home Sunday evening. My wife has to work on Monday.:( Sorkle trip Sunday morning would be great, too...he!! I'm open for any snorkle trip! I've got my crew together, looks like 4 of us for now.
Oooops I didn't see your post... no coffee yet... that would make it $12.50 each... Matt... it would have to be Saturday morning we are booked for a private fishing trip on Sunday...

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A BARE BOAT TRIP AND YOU WOULD NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN BEER & SNORKEL GEAR

(BRING YOUR OWN BEER OR OTHER BEVERAGES)

A

azbeachboy

I have all the snorkeling gear but could I bring my fishing pole? I promice not to hook anybody...

P

Penasco Pirate

Saturday will be fine...just found out we are able to stay until Monday! Prolly leave at 8pm or so. Just that much more time to not want to go home.... :( :) :( :)

Chuck sure you can bring your pole... but we'll be in rather shallow water... although I have seen several Cabicoochos (<--spelling :confused:) a.k.a. White Sea Bass in this same area...:-o

Sooo Chuck... can I count you in?

Also the "9 til noon" time frame, may be extended... we said noon just incase the boat gets anyone interested in an afternoon fishing charter... if not, then we may stay a little longer...

(please keep in mind that "Tipping" is not just a city in China... the boat crew will be working this trip for free)

P

Penasco Pirate

Any fishing gear on the boat or is this BYOB, BYOSG, and BYOFG??
he,he,he:):):)

since they only offered the boat for snorkeling and we are going to be in shallow water I would say it's ok to bring your own gear but you will be doing all the baiting, there won't be anyone to clean fish or anything like that....

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, sounds like Saturday is the day!!!! Chuck watch out for those brown floaty fish, I believe they do not taste good!!! :eek3:

Just be sure to get it on tape.:mrgreen:
Kenny they call it SD Memory Cards now... but you're right, that's the whole idea... :lol: remember the more people that come along the cheaper the cost will be per person for the boat ride... and we can comfortably do 20 to 25 swimmers/riders

Last edited:
Just curious on how deep the water is in that area...I did some snorkeling around the light at the point (started from Tucson beach...and it was deep enough...I figure at least 20 ft....if you come around back towards town, I've seen pods of dolphin feeding in that area.

yeah Joe it's around 20 ft in that area between pelican point and punto caballo... down farther toward the reef it gets a bit deeper but still fairly shallow... there are a couple of troughs threw that area that give some structure for fish to hang out in...

we've towed ourselves behind a boat with speargun in hand (freediving no scuba gear) a lot of fun to just swoop down on an unsuspecting fish...

Kenny

Kenny they call it SD Memory Cards now... but you're right, that's the whole idea... :lol: remember the more people that come along the cheaper the cost will be per person for the boat ride... and we can comfortably do 20 to 25 swimmers/riders
I knew when I posted that I'd get something like that, but regardless, what I want to see is Chucks face :eek: when he brings up that rubber blowup doll that's been put on his hook.

Hey....my camcorder (that I haven't used in about 2 years) uses tape....although it is "digital"....