Sonoran Hot Dogs Wrapped in Bacon / Street Vendors?

azdiva

They are very popular in Tucson, Now getting popular in LA and San Francisco. " So Good they're
Illegal" usually sold by unlicensed vendors because of grilling issues. I have seen alot of taco stands
but any one know about the hot dog stands that are grilling thesein Penasco. I've googled this and
found out that these are gourmet items originating in Hermosillo. They seem to be popular in
Nogales and San Luis as well. From what I've read the grilling of bacon on the streets are attracting
patrons by the delicious odors.

P

Penasco Pirate

Gotta give the place in front of the Tequila Factory a try! While you are are at it, try the Tequila Factory, too! Stop in and say hi to Manny Jr. and the 'bartender' Fernando. The hotdog stand is usually there from 5pm or so until about 10pm.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
agreed with Matt, Fernando at the Tequila Factory is awesome, he knows his tequilas and has an endless list of drinks made with tequila that you thinks is something else other than tequila!! just make sure you eat something before you go, 'cause you know if you eat after you drink then all the buzz is gone!! :eek3:

The OP obviously watched a latest episode of Man Vs Food. However I will agree, those dogs wrapped in pork are something to die for...or at least to enjoy.

agreed with Matt, Fernando at the Tequila Factory is awesome, he knows his tequilas and has an endless list of drinks made with tequila that you thinks is something else other than tequila!! just make sure you eat something before you go, 'cause you know if you eat after you drink then all the buzz is gone!! :eek3:
Agree with that....has a fantastic personality too.....been in there several times "tasting"!

jerry

The OP obviously watched a latest episode of Man Vs Food. However I will agree, those dogs wrapped in pork are something to die for...or at least to enjoy.
n 2007, the American Institute for Cancer Research published a landmark report showing that just one 50-gram serving of processed meat (about the amount in one hot dog) consumed daily increases the risk of colorectal cancer, on average, by 21 percent. Every year, about 150,000 Americans are diagnosed with colorectal cancer and approximately 50,000 die of it. Children are at particular risk as lifelong eating habits are established during childhood.

From a scientific standpoint, the situation with processed meat and cancer is very much like tobacco and lung cancer: There are hundreds of chemicals in tobacco smoke, and exactly which ones present the greatest risk has never been entirely clear. Processed meats contain fat, especially saturated fat, as well as lots of cholesterol and salt. The nitrites often used as a preservative can produce compounds that are suspected carcinogens. The bottom line is that science has tied processed meat consumption to increased cancer risk. That’s why hot dogs should be avoided.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hot dogs

You know I appreciate the whole dialog on how bad hot dogs are for you but I will tell you if you go to the Hot dog stand in front of Los Pinos hardware store on Revolution, you will have one of the best hot dogs wrapped in bacon served anywhere. If you are concerned about the downside of the health issue, simply eat 3 -4 of the Jalapenos with lime and salt it should clear out the pipes for ya if you know what I mean:-o