Spring Break 2015

Roberto

No one has reported anything but, I drove throught the Mirador late last night and it was HOPPIN. The streets were not closed off but there were barriers ready to go. Crossed last night, one hour coming into Mex.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It is a very busy spring break. We also hosted a caravan of 18 rigs the traffic made it a little more difficult to get around

Sent from my LG-P708g using Tapatalk

Pretty tame vs 20 years ago. But then I don't hang out at the hot spots from those days.

Cholla was pretty quiet Sat-Wednesday. Not many houses lit up near us, JJ's had 25 people Sat night.
Bandito's had a decent crowd Sunday night.
People told me Friday and Saturday night that Bandito's and the Malecon were the places to be.
We went into town Monday and Tuesday and there wasn't much traffic on BJ or other main streets, either days.
Tuesday evening while at Pollo Lucas, BJ traffic activity picked up a lot.
During our trip back to Phx, Wed. PM there were many cars and RV's heading south.

http://www.numerounoonline.com/main...42-puerto-penasco/200761-milenio#.VQzu33zF_9k

They estimated 55,000 visitors, very inflated numbers IMHO. They all must have been only active between 12pm and 6am. ;)
I didn't venture to the Malecon or the Mirador, which I was told was busy, so maybe I missed 2-3,000 people.
Sorry there wasn't enough activity and traffic to support the 55,000 claim, even a 10k increase of visitors makes RP seem pretty busy which it wasn't.

I know the estimates are usually inflated for most big weekends but this SB they were severely over inflated, IMHO

Sandy Beach was packed and resorts were at full occupancy. Las Palmas was sold out for most of it. malevon was packed everytime we went there. The college kids partied all night and slept until 1 or 2 pm and then started all over again!

Terry C

Port Name
Crossing NamePassenger Vehicles
HOURSMax
LnsSTANDARDREADYLANESENTRI
Lukeville6 am-Midnight
3/22/20155At 4:00 pm MST
30 min delay
5 lanes openN/AN/A

I've been there for most SB's and I'm sure some places were busy and I was down for the 1st weekend and left on Wednesday so I'm sure it got busier.
Another reason I doubt there were 55k, is there would be 6hr waits today vs the 30 minutes from the above post.
Having been in RP during Easter, 20 years of SB's and Memorial Day weekends when the estimates were 40-50,000, with those numbers people just invaded everything and the whole town was just taken over.
I never saw anything close to that.
On Sat, Mar.14 at 6pm, at Bandito's there were 25 cars parked nearby, JJ's had less than 35 people at 9PM.
On Sun. the 15th, Wrecked on SB had 40-50 cars in their lot.
Driving in town Sun, Mon. and Tuesday traffic was pretty light all places we went, I was surprised how un-busy BJ was even in the south end of town.
There weren't any lines at the ATM's I saw, which always have a line of kids during many SB's, I've witnessed.
La Curva, had 10 people in there for lunch, Bryans had 15 people at 6-7pm on Monday, Super Ley wasn't very busy the 2x we went.
Freemont traffic was very normal. I sure didn't see many ATV's and Rhino's driving around, most were parked at the rental places.

Hopefully Easter brings some extra business to RP and all the Nationals visiting spend some extra money. :)

MIRAMAR

I'm not saying all 55,000 (if that really is the number) are all leaving today, but that there is a long line today: 1 hour . I think the article was talking about over the 3 weeks of Spring break. Whatever the numbers, out 2 groups that came down on separate weekends had a great time.

Terry C

I know the web site is not always correct. But at 6 PM showed this, must of been a lot of people left late.
Port Name
Crossing NamePassenger Vehicles
HOURSMax
LnsSTANDARDREADYLANESENTRI
Lukeville6 am-Midnight
3/22/20155At 6:00 pm MST
60 min delay
5 lanes openN/AN/A

MIRAMAR

Sb for Mexico is next week and also may be for some students the week after Semana Santa I've heard it called Semana Diablo.

Reactions: Kea
Glad there weren't any deaths.
As far as the numbers go, Whew it's up to 85K people now.
Look at the pic's, they tell the real story some decent crowds but I'm not seeing 85K and then compare them to the pic's from next weeks Semana Santa to see what 75k people really looks like.
Glad no one was killed and that it was a good SB.