Spring Break 2015

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Glad there weren't any deaths.
As far as the numbers go, Whew it's up to 85K people now.
Look at the pic's, they tell the real story some decent crowds but I'm not seeing 85K and then compare them to the pic's from next weeks Semana Santa to see what 75k people really looks like.
Glad no one was killed and that it was a good SB.
It is up to 85000...I read that they spent 60,000,000 peso's over the 2 or 3 weeks of spring break, that's the equivilent of 4 million dollars or 47.00 dollars per person for their time here....I dont get the math, so a family of 5 on the average spends 235.00 dollars while they are here? If they hope to bring in 12 million dollars a month with a few cruise boats, they better find some bigger spenders... at 47.00 dollars average per head, that would be 255 thousand visitors per month....God I hope it happens...

$47, that's only 20-25 tacos or 15-20 cervezas per person. No way could a spring breaker survive on those measly rations.
85,000 visitors ;);)
Who ever is counting the beans should go back to school and learn to use 2+2=4, and not use the 2x2x2=16 problem solving equation.
The Semana Santa pic's will show what a large crowd looks like and if you divide it by 3, it will still look like a huge week.

This is what a large crowd looks like. Nothing close to that during SB in Penasco in more than a few years.
With SB and Memorial Day crowds being diminished and have be replaced by Mexican nationals discovering
the beauty of Penasco during other times of the year
SS-14.jpg

So the picture you posted here is from Semana Santa?
That is a Sheytload of people. I never went to RP over spring break during my HS days and have never been down when it's that crowded.

So the picture you posted here is from Semana Santa?
That is a Sheytload of people. I never went to RP over spring break during my HS days and have never been down when it's that crowded.
Yes it's Easter, from Come to RP website. I hope that Eric Brown is there this Semana Santa to take some great pic's especially aerials of Sandy beach.

You have missed a great experience by not visiting during those crazy times.
I have experienced many crazy SB and Memorial day holidays when the bars were packed with 300-500 people every weekend night.

And when there was a crossover weekend when ASU, UofA and other schools were out together the bars would be even crazier, with 500-700 people.
Often times it would require great effort to squeeze through the crowds to get a beer or food and have to wait for 10+ minutes at the bar to get one.
Manny's expanded 2-3 times to accommodate the crowds in the 90's.

Last years SB we took our kid's to Manny's and there was less than 40 people in there on a Friday around 7:30PM, what a difference 10+ years makes.
The Mirador used to be like a Mardi Gras on many weekends, even Labor Day it was crazy busy but nasty hot and humid.
Now the crowds are now at the Malecon and other newer places.

Does anyone know the real reason Gus Brown closed Sandy Beach and will He open it for Easter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about this year but Brown (SBR) had Sandy Beach open for Easter last year. I heard they closed SB because of the pier construction.

MIRAMAR

Last edited: