SUBMARINE, question for you...

jerry

Manny i don't think you realize how angry many long time visitors are about the effects of growth on Puerto penasco. Bad or no urban planning,bad or no taste,bad or no water of power(in the near future) and the leveling of many trailer parks/open spaces for Pigeon Coop construction just pissed people off.Pushing middle class people out to make way for richer tourists didn't work out to good yet did it? Many of us skeptics also flat out don't believe you guys share negative information on the forum unless you are cornered,hog tied and forced to. Years ago when we were warning people about Playa Azul etc we were attacked and insulted by your crew ,,,hey i like that type of give in take but don't think this lack of honesty helps you in the long run.You know at this time a couple really bad crimes that are on going in RP and have been hushed up (kidnappings of mexican businessmen and their families) Manny you seem like a great guy but if the movie Jaws showed us one thing it is if there is a great white shark killing people it's better to kill the shark than hide the facts.

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
If there is a great white shark killing people it's better to kill the shark than hide the facts.
First of, that is funny, (the login with jerry thing)

Actually I grew up in the Mirador beach, spent most of my time walking the Mirador area. I truly do miss the time, before all these new buildings where here.
As a local we do get angry with dumb things the old administrations did. And yes bad urban planning is part of our history now. It is sad that many of these "mega projects" have left just and open space or unfinished skeleton constructions. I guess you are not surprise to hear that many locals feel the same way that you do.

Personally, no I don't like to focus on the bad news. Anything that is said, even in the gray area, turns into rumors, everyone starts commenting negatively, then you have something insignificant is blown out of proportion, even positive things are sometimes taken the wrong way. But believe me when I say, if there is a great white eating people, I will not only be the one warning people, but I will also hunt it down. Last Monday when all businesses and locals got together to see if the Nogales warning was true, we were all in accord, if something had happened (false checkpoint, killings, etc.) we would warn our visitors, and try and fix the situation. A bunch of us locals have actully build the The Rocky Point Tourism & Visitor Assistance, a 24x7 help line (phone is 638-388-8207) for any visitor that needs help (directions, the law, flat tire, etc.).

Your sentiments are that of a local, and I agree with you in several points. The thing is you cant let changes affect you in a bad way, we dont have the power to change the world (or Puerto Penasco at that), but we do have the power to change our own perception of things. But then again, this is just a naive local kid saying this.

Submarine or Jerry, Im still waiting to have the shot of tequila with you.
(For the Playa Azul incident, i think I was still in school.)

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Good post Manny. It is true some bad decisions have been made in the past when it looked like there was no end to the prosperity. All the hype was eventually found to be built on greed, greed on everybodies part in that arena. It was before my time as well and thankfully we didn't get caught up in it. You are right though, the past is the past. Let it go guys. Lets build on the foundation lets learn from others mistakes but lets not lose the positive viewpoint that makes this place so great. No Manny I cannot figure out why someone would want to lurk on a site just to spew poison at anybody who thinks differently or positively, but that is the nature of people. Just be glad it isn't you otherwise you would have to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and ask "why am I such a angry person" dont ever be like that. AJUA! Life is good! insert cheerleader icons here!

jerry

Ha great post Manny! Sub is a rightwing libertarian that hates Obama and the old RP Realtor's Mafia that wrecked the place(stuff like fibbing to buyers who ended up losing everything...now is a good time to buy!)
Jerry (me) leftwing Democratic that hates Obama and the Realtorbots too.

The recent problems are cause by the war on drugs and the Arizona Republican Party's strategy to make mexico the enemy,We will all end up paying for this mistake.As a property owner that doesn't hide behind some chickenshit fake name I want a real immigration bill,real national id card and drugs legalized.

First of, that is funny, (the login with jerry thing)

Actually I grew up in the Mirador beach, spent most of my time walking the Mirador area. I truly do miss the time, before all these new buildings where here.
As a local we do get angry with dumb things the old administrations did. And yes bad urban planning is part of our history now. It is sad that many of these "mega projects" have left just and open space or unfinished skeleton constructions. I guess you are not surprise to hear that many locals feel the same way that you do.

Personally, no I don't like to focus on the bad news. Anything that is said, even in the gray area, turns into rumors, everyone starts commenting negatively, then you have something insignificant is blown out of proportion, even positive things are sometimes taken the wrong way. But believe me when I say, if there is a great white eating people, I will not only be the one warning people, but I will also hunt it down. Last Monday when all businesses and locals got together to see if the Nogales warning was true, we were all in accord, if something had happened (false checkpoint, killings, etc.) we would warn our visitors, and try and fix the situation. A bunch of us locals have actully build the The Rocky Point Tourism & Visitor Assistance, a 24x7 help line (phone is 638-388-8207) for any visitor that needs help (directions, the law, flat tire, etc.).

Your sentiments are that of a local, and I agree with you in several points. The thing is you cant let changes affect you in a bad way, we dont have the power to change the world (or Puerto Penasco at that), but we do have the power to change our own perception of things. But then again, this is just a naive local kid saying this.

Submarine or Jerry, Im still waiting to have the shot of tequila with you.
(For the Playa Azul incident, i think I was still in school.)

Ha great post Manny! Sub is a rightwing libertarian that hates Obama and the old RP Realtor's Mafia that wrecked the place(stuff like fibbing to buyers who ended up losing everything...now is a good time to buy!)
Jerry (me) leftwing Democratic that hates Obama and the Realtorbots too.

The recent problems are cause by the war on drugs and the Arizona Republican Party's strategy to make mexico the enemy,We will all end up paying for this mistake.As a property owner that doesn't hide behind some chickenshit fake name I want a real immigration bill,real national id card and drugs legalized.
Jerry....Jerry...I almost fell out of my chair!!! A leftwing Democrat who wants a national ID card???? Oh My GAWD!!!! What is the world coming to.....:stir: For once, I agree with all three of your "wants"!!!!

playaperro

El Pirata
que dia tan bonito someone going to take a pic of the sunset should be multi color....

Last edited: