Super moon

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Here's just 2 of many fantastic shots taken during the Super moon here in Peñasco

super moon Mike Perez res.jpg
Super moon Richard Scott.jpg

The top picture by Mike Perez shows how low the tide was when the Pirate ship was heading home
The second is a beautiful shot taken by Richard Scott who chased around looking for this shot​

I'll never forget the day that my launcher Jose at the public ramp put me in on a tide like that.

After shoving me off he went to pull my thirty foot trailer back in and it was GONE! I looked over the side and saw it vertical underwater with only one safety chain from my trailer tongue attached to his tractor.

The channel is cut deep there for the shrimp boats to come and go at any tide.

That was fifteen or twenty years ago and I never launched there again. Jose and his dog pack are long gone. I used to pay him to sleep on my boat there at the ramp to keep the culeros off the boat. Of course he always took a few donaciones for the service.

When I'd drag in my first Sierra at the isla I'd grab for my stainless steel pliers to unhook it and they were magically GONE.

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'll never forget the day that my launcher Jose at the public ramp put me in on a tide like that.

After shoving me off he went to pull my thirty foot trailer back in and it was GONE! I looked over the side and saw it vertical underwater with only one safety chain from my trailer tongue attached to his tractor.

The channel is cut deep there for the shrimp boats to come and go at any tide.

That was fifteen or twenty years ago and I never launched there again. Jose and his dog pack are long gone. I used to pay him to sleep on my boat there at the ramp to keep the culeros off the boat. Of course he always took a few donaciones for the service.

When I'd drag in my first Sierra at the isla I'd grab for my stainless steel pliers to unhook it and they were magically GONE.

JJ
Jose was a fixture there. Used to bring him bird seed for his collection of critters in his plywood shack. When I used to have the Mackerelena (my first boat), I'd launch at the public harbor. I found out the hard way that those guys DON'T work together. I had always figured they were a coopertiva. Manny used to launch me most of the time. He was a gruff ol' bastard. He was busy launching and someone else asked to launch me. "Sure, we're burning daylight here!" He hooks up to my trailer and then here comes Manny on his launcher at full launcher speed and runs into this guy and the coupler on my trailer, cracks the jackstand right off the tongue. And those two commence to pinche culo scream back and forth at each other! Other guy unhooks me, Manny hooks me up and off we go. I'm thinking how in the hell am I gonna unhook the trailer when I park it tonight? Meh, fuck it. I'm going fishing.

Got back in about 5 and Manny had taken the trailer and gotten the jackstand welded to the tongue. Good as new.

You just never knew what to expect launching at the public harbor in those days, well before they built the skeleton tower of leaning steel.

He was also the local dealer for the very best lowest quality Mexican Shit Weed. Always had a sack of the krap in his lean-to under that old barge. He would always offer me a hit or two as we would unload. The krap was so harsh that I think it had all been sprayed with the famous herbicide Paraquat that I used to spray from Hueys over the Colombian crop just a few years before. I used to bring him a sack of kibble for his dog pack AKA the Black Nutless Pin Head gang. Can't tell you how many times I found partially smoked doobies rolled in comic book paper stuck to my trailer when I got home and washed it down the next day. I would always give him a bottle of Appleton's Rum when time came to head home. That was my trick to ensure that he slept on the deck of my boat. Always saved my filetted carcass for him and the dog pack. Used to crack me up watching him and Manny fight over the launch and recovery fees.

Gone are the days............

JJ

Kelney

I sort of miss the old days of launching at the public harbor. I like how they now have an actual dock now. It was pretty much a three ringed circus that was pretty entertaining. You better have your crap locked down or it was sure to walk away even though you paid someone to "watch" your truck. I learned that quickly with my trailer hitch that was not locked. I guess I got old enough to where it was more of an annoyance than entertaining so I choose to get nickel and dimed at Safe.

I rarely admit to my own stupidity, publicly, but here goes...............................

I actually ((own)) a slip on the dock where the El Intrepid is permanently tied up. It's the first one on the inside from El Intrepid. Four of us put up the cash and we even have the ownership ((deeds)) to prove it. The slip is big enough to tie up four sport fishers and make the walk up the gang-plank to the street then access your "secured" parked truck, maybe eat a meal at Lat 31, Kaffee Haus, Friendly Dolphin, etc,etc. Plan was to have the boats on the water for an easy early morning launch, kill fish and return at our leisure to our ((secured)) dock.

Never happened, not even ONCE! Had Jose put me in the water, motored over to the slip, tied up, walked up to the dive shop, got a few bolsas de heilo, returned to the boat to see five pangas jammed in and tied up to my boat with the pangueros passing crates of who knows what kind of shit onto and over my boat to the dock.

Turns out that the access to the dock is public property, can't be gated from the public and from there on became nothing but a shit-fest. If you want security on your boat there you supply it just like the Intrepid with it's live aboard watchman.

I just love cruising by ((my)) dock every time I head out to sea and have wonderful warm fuzzy familiar thoughts about the fifteen grand that I paid the guy that used to own that money making tub El Intrepid.

Oh well, at least it's ((still mine))! I still gotz los papeles, en Espanol, muy official!

JJ