Surf Fishing Safari This Week

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Hey amigos! Long time no post, but I continue to lurk. I seem to only get down twice a year these days :sad: The usual suspects are mostly busy or otherwise detained this Spring so we are not staying in Santo Tomas. My buddy has rounded up lodging in Encanto and likely a buddy car for at least one day south of San Jorge. He wants to blow past Santo Tomas on the Costera and fish. We may also hit La Pinta as I have not been in there. I will be taking a camera this time, I swear Stewart! I know the rule on invisible fish being non-existent ones. If this wind doesn't die down, I will only be catching beer and tequila anyways.

Tight Lines!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hey Tom! Always good to hear from you! Yup, today is NOT a day I'd want to be out on the water, or even driving, for that matter. Blowin' in the wind!

Roberto

You guys ought to get aband together and do a Fishin Safari knock off of Surfin Safari. Who's gonna play what ?? Get out the Hawaiian shirts !!

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
I can wear the Hawaiian shirt and sing the low harmony Roberto. Stewart it is a good day to get the Cortez aerial dermabrasion treatment.

Kenny

Tom talks a good game, but here's what Tom was doing while I was down pounding the water.:-o
SantoTomas-201.jpg

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Thanks Jerry! That section has never been upgraded and has been going to pot for some time now. I always mind my p's and q's and watch for trucks and buses.

Roberto

Have not been down that way for quite awhile but it was always the worst part of the trip to Hermosillo. Probably doing no maintenance awaiting the completion of the Coastal Highway. I'm gonna take it slow there.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
That's about as white knuckle as it gets when a Sonora plated full size truck is coming the other direction at you going 80+ mph and there's absolutely no forgiveness in the road. You might have 6 inches to the right of the line before the pavement drops off. Scary! I just dont want to die in Mexico, take me any other time but just not in Mexico please!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I HATE that section of the road! I slow down to 35 and the Jeep still bucks.....And I have 33x12.50's so I miss a lot of the holes... You guys with the little tires.....