tankless water heaters

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
I can not find the thread but I thought there was there had been a discussion about tankless water heaters. Does anyone have one and are you happy with it? Is it holding up to the water in RP? Did you buy it in RP and if so from who and who installed it? Thanks

Kea

Well Known Member
We bought a propane Eccotemp online about 5-6 years ago. It's working fine so far. It was installed by the contractor we were using at the time. (We haven't seen him in a few years. Not sure if he's still in town.)

jerry

Well Known Member
Get a higher end japan made one not the Chinese crap ...9 years on mine and I have been pretty half assed on the maintenance regime.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
I purchased a Rheem condensing water heater. I bought it in the US. I did purchase the flush kit so I can flush every 6 months.

Estero

Well Known Member
Where did you get yours from. All I am finding are the made in china ones
I recently bought 2 Chinese units off Ebay for $149.00 each and have one installed here in Tijuana and will install the other in Penasco in September. The Ebay seller had sold over 1,000 of these units. So far it has been great, plenty of hot water and have used only 1 bar-b-que sized propane tank in about 5-6 weeks as opposed to one tank weekly with the tank style water heater. I'm never going back.

jerry

Well Known Member
I recently bought 2 Chinese units off Ebay for $149.00 each and have one installed here in Tijuana and will install the other in Penasco in September. The Ebay seller had sold over 1,000 of these units. So far it has been great, plenty of hot water and have used only 1 bar-b-que sized propane tank in about 5-6 weeks as opposed to one tank weekly with the tank style water heater. I'm never going back.
Link to seller please

Estero

Well Known Member
Link to seller please
Here you go 18 Liter 5GPM. The unit has a 1/2 inch water inlet and exit so you'll need hoses that have 3/4 on one end and 1/2 on the other. Unless your current hoses are 1/2 on both ends but I doubt they are. For the propane feed you'll need a 1/4 to 1/2 adaptor which you can see on the left (brass adaptor). And 2 DD batteries for the igniter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5GPM-LPG-Propane-Gas-Tankless-Instant-Hot-Water-Heater-18L/221709161972?epid=933644242&hash=item339ee555f4:g:pRsAAOSwKrhVZR5L:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!92075!US!-1&_udlo=130&_udhi=230&_sacat=0&_nkw=+tankless+propane+water+heater&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

coyneov

I would recommend ECOTOUCH ECO55, very happy with this water heater. A very effective way to have hot water quickly. It does not use any energy until the water flows and then uses only the amount of energy needed to heat the water to the desired temperature.

Last edited:

richwi

Well Known Member
We looked into getting one but based and spoke to our neighbor who has one here in Encanto. The biggest downside we saw was that if you wanted hot water at a low flow rate the water heater wouldn’t the kick in. There may be aha around this.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
installed several in my home and we could not be happier. Love the small profile , the ability to get hot water when we need it and it has lowered out electric bill.

richwi

Well Known Member
Do you have multiple small units rather than one large one? We have propane so would the same advantages apply to multiple smaller propane units as they do for electric units? Thanks

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Do you have multiple small units rather than one large one? We have propane so would the same advantages apply to multiple smaller propane units as they do for electric units? Thanks
yes multiple units the one that handles the washer, main bathroom and kitchen is larger. you buy based on the flow amount that may be required at one time per unit Mine are electric. I also added a filter to the water line going into the unit to be heated.