Taste of Penasco & Iron Chef Competition Feb 11th

This year more chefs than ever (seven) are competing for the title of Penasco Iron Chef 2012. All but one of the judges on the panel will be experts in the realm of culinary arts. The remaining seat on the panel will be raffled off (tickets currently on sale: Facebook/taste of penasco).
The event coincides with the Arizona-Mexico Commisssion Plenary Session, so there'll be plenty of people in town. Local chefs are excited, the business community has donated great raffle prizes (tickets also already on sale...need not be present to win) and there'll be lots of food, entertainment and activities throughout the day. All we need now is you. Hope you can make it!

IC(11x14)Poster.jpg

1st Place: Chef Mickey Medina of Mickey's Place

The story and pictures of the event are on www.rockypoint360.com The judges said they were impressed with the culinary talent represented and they loved the experience. The chefs were all gastronomical experts except for the one person who won his seat on the panel in a raffle. Although he's a lay person, he nonetheless is someone who has traveled the world sampling foods from other countries.

The event was a huge success and we'll have a press conference this week to give more details about the winning dishes, the scoring and of course to present the profits to the Bomberos and Two Fish Ministries.

Thank you to all who helped make this a great event. If you were there, thank you for coming, and if you weren't hope you'll be there next year~

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Thanks Rosy and Russ- it was great. I would guess there were 4 times the number of people since it was moved from the Saturday after Thanksgiving to Saturday in February. I was impressed with everyone, but loved the food from the Culinary institute

Glad you enjoyed it. I had envisioned myself up on the stage with Russ, but that was impossible. Russ did a good job, though and everyone seems to have enjoyed the event. Time to find a venue for next year, though, as it seems we've outgrown the Plaza del Camaron.