Tequila...now you know.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Interesting read. $500 a bottle. Wowsers! I *still* have that original bottle of Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine (sold only at his concert then), numbered, unopened... bidding starts at ?????? :D

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Interesting read. $500 a bottle. Wowsers! I *still* have that original bottle of Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine (sold only at his concert then), numbered, unopened... bidding starts at ?????? :D

Aside from it being a numbered bottle, the quality of the tequila isn't great. I'll give you $26.50 for it! ;)

Personally, Luna Malvada is my favorite right now. It's so smooth you'd think it's watered down.

http://www.lunamalvada.com/homepage/

Estero

My buddies started Cruz Tequila which is only sold in the states and which you can find at most grocery stores and Costco. They use the same process for their Tequila as in the article. Great Tequila and homegrown right out of AZ, give it a try.
http://cruztequila.com/

My buddies started Cruz Tequila which is only sold in the states and which you can find at most grocery stores and Costco. They use the same process for their Tequila as in the article. Great Tequila and homegrown right out of AZ, give it a try.
http://cruztequila.com/
When you say it's home grown right out of AZ, you mean owners of the company......correct?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Aside from it being a numbered bottle, the quality of the tequila isn't great. I'll give you $26.50 for it! ;)
You'd LIKE to give me $26.50 for it! Last year, I ran it on Ebay just for giggles (with a $500 reserve). It bid up over $250 and I had several folks contact me directly wanting to buy it outright.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my entire tequila collection. I listed here on the forum at one point. All top-end stuff, all unopened original bottles, several of them numbered collector items. I don't drink it and I'm tired of dusting the bottles!

You'd LIKE to give me $26.50 for it! Last year, I ran it on Ebay just for giggles (with a $500 reserve). It bid up over $250 and I had several folks contact me directly wanting to buy it outright.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my entire tequila collection. I listed here on the forum at one point. All top-end stuff, all unopened original bottles, several of them numbered collector items. I don't drink it and I'm tired of dusting the bottles!
I'd be happy to help you dispose of some of it. ;)

batpuppy

teqilla (1)resize.jpg
This Year's Tequila Taste test Christmas Eve

My Pick:
First Place: Don Julio 70...smooth :)
Second Place: Patron Anejo...can't really miss with this one.
Third Place: Senor Rio Anejo...more aromatic flavors.
Fourth Place: Agave Underground...$68 tastes just like Jose Cuervo

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

No, I know Stuart. You've mentioned it here before about putting it on ebay. I was being sarcastic because IMHO the tequila inside the bottle is worth $18. Obviously because it is a collector item it's going to go for more. I was just commenting on the quality of the tequila.

mis2810

In Guadalajara for New Years and we are thinking about going on the Tequila Express train to the factory. Anyone been? Is it worth it?

playaperro

El Pirata
In Guadalajara for New Years and we are thinking about going on the Tequila Express train to the factory. Anyone been? Is it worth it?
If you go you will be selling Tequila just like everyone else that goes there, and stay away from the "HOT SAUCE" factory you will also be selling sauce too. Hope Russ don't read this! LOL...

The Adult version of the Polar Express!
sounds like fun. I visited a "Tequila Factory" once somewhere outside of Mazatlan. At the time I thought it was the real thing. They even sold the "tequila" the supposedly produced there. Even drove us by the Agave fields. Come to find out some years later that it was more of what is called a Tequila Spirit.
Wasn't all that bad. But it was more for the tourist than anything.
Hopefully since you will actually be in Jalisco, you will get the real deal.