Thanksgiving weekend roll call - version 2011

AZ ROB

I scanned thru some of the posts and then my eyes got tired.....do we have a general count of how many people and a list of what people are bringing or are we just gonna wing it? I think we have the turkeys covered.....Rob and I are willing to bring other stuff I just don't want to duplicate anything. Does anyone have time to make a list?
Really you have 7 post and you want somebody else to make the list.... Next you are going to take my money and give it to someone else.:hairout::stir:

A

azbeachboy

I'm bringing a 10 lb.ham, veggie plate and brownies. My Mom is bringing a Pumpkin pie and I think my Dad is bringing tamales. I have two friends from Phoenix bringing pie. I have five in my group plus two from Phx. I can make mashed potatoes... I'm also coming down on Tuesday.

We will bring an Ambrosia Salad. Please let me know how many expected.
Is there anything else we need to bring.

What is the status on the boat trip? I cant do a fish fry without fresh fish!

I just looked at the weather for next weekend and the wind looks kind of bat for a boat ride. Fri and Sat out of the North at 16. Sure hope that changes.
You all do a little prayer or what ever you do to the The Great Wind God.

RPChar

Count me in for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't see cranberries posted, so will make some to bring and some dinner rolls.

A

azbeachboy

I'm bringing a 10 lb.ham, veggie plate and brownies. My Mom is bringing a Pumpkin pie and I think my Dad is bringing tamales. I have two friends from Phoenix bringing pie. I have five in my group plus two from Phx. I can make mashed potatoes... I'm also coming down on Tuesday.
I picked up ten pounds of potatoes,six cans of green beans today and Valerie is making gravy, Waldorf salad and southwestern dip.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we need more chairs or tables let me know. I will bring somw down just in case we get to have some thing fried on the next couple of days after Thanksgiving. Even If we can't fish I think my friend can get us flounder and that should make a great fish and chips

Azbeachboy Do you know how to cook them? I now have a great source on cheap shrimp, a friend of ours that we see down there.
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

AZ ROB

Sorry to say it but life being what it is and sometimes isn't Michelle and I won't be making the trip down. :( I did drop the turkey and deep fryer off with RP. Joe so the deep fried turkey will still go on.

A

azbeachboy

Sorry to say it but life being what it is and sometimes isn't Michelle and I won't be making the trip down. :( I did drop the turkey and deep fryer off with RP. Joe so the deep fried turkey will still go on.
I'm sorry to hear that Rob...There's always next year. I know Chari, Inka and his family won't be down either.

Bill, I'll have five six foot tables and one skinny eight foot serving table. I'm bringing some fold up metal chairs from home. I'll have around fifteen chairs.

We're going to miss you two... we'll take pictures, but don't be pissed if there's no leftovers for you... sea U soon...

I'm bringing down Rob & Michelle's deep fryer and a turkey from them.

I think we have 3 or 4 turkeys ...deep fried with one smoked!!

I haven't been keeping real good track of what people are bringing...but don't recall anyone mentioning mashed potatoes...or something like that????

I will bring a couple of small tables and some chairs just in case we need them.

Sure sorry about some of us not going to make it. Try for christmas. Next year for sure.

joester

2 salty dawgs
we'll miss the folks who aren't able to join us - looks like the weather forecast is agreeable: 68 Thursday, 70 Friday, 73 Sat + Sun.
has there been any talk of a boat trip to Bird Island again this year? I know that the 3 of us would surely like to participate.

playaperro

El Pirata
Mark and Chuck, you guys are making a huge dent on the salvation army's thanksgiving dinner roll call..Martha Vasquez is reporting today on channel 4 noon news...

A

azbeachboy

Mark and Chuck, you guys are making a huge dent on the salvation army's thanksgiving dinner roll call..Martha Vasquez is reporting today on channel 4 noon news...
Playa,
For years I gave away five turkeys every Thanksgiving at the beach. I've had to "change" the way I do things...