Thanksgiving weekend roll call - version 2012

joester

2 salty dawgs
ok - keeping with what is now 4 years of the same post on 9-10:
saw it was exactly a year ago I started this thread, which was exactly a year after the 2009 post. we're planning our return, and can't wait to see everyone. PDO here we come - we certainly hope to see everyone again!

Don't know if I'll be able to come down this year....daughter/son-in-law may be moving back to Phoenix around same time (he gets out of Army in Jan. 2013).

The pot luck will probably have to be held over at Chuck's trailer if they have it this year....blame it on San Rafael Park complaining to Rosemary (the owner of the trailer with the nice patio we've used the past 2 years).......about the "wild parties" I've been having there!! Gosh, darn, and nobody invited me! :rofl:

joester

2 salty dawgs
talked with Chuck, looks like we're on for his place this year - hope to see some of you there. let's get a head and food count going....

GV Jack

Snorin God
Anything new here? We are mulling the possibility of coming down for the holiday.

Does it get real crowded with visitors? Are most places open? Generally what goes on?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Kea

Based on last year only --
More people than usual, but not exactly crowded. Since it's not a holiday in Peñasco, everything was open. A few of the restaurants served the "traditional Thanksgiving dinner."

joester

2 salty dawgs
Thanksgiving has become our time for RP - a time to meet friends, eat and drink well, and savor the time and laughs we have together. can't wait!

joester

2 salty dawgs
Chari, RPJoe, Bill + Edna - are you folks in for Thanksgiving? pretty quiet here......
boat ride to the island, fish fry.....???????

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Sorry Joe, I'm staying home with Jerry again this year. Don't think I'll come down on Friday..... I'm still thinking about it.....

AZ ROB

I will be down the following weekend with my daughter not sure if I can swing 2 weekends in a row

Hey Joe...the potluck is still on...but it's over at Chuck's place this year. Don't know if I'll make it down unless it's later in the weekend......

joester

2 salty dawgs
just checking to see who may be there, Michele sent me the info from Chuck regarding him and Val hosting this year.
very much looking forward to having a great long weekend!

We will bring green and fruit salad. As the group is smaller we will down size them.
I will also bring a turkey, med size, and we also have a deep fryer. I am not sure if it has a turkey rack in it. Do you think we can make one out of a wire coat hanger? If not what do I need to get to make one?

Is the boat trip still on? I need to get Peanut oil if it is and this weekend is the only time I will have.

PARTY ON

joester

2 salty dawgs
Bill,
boat trip is on for friday - contact Mark and Barb, she's doing deposits thru paypal. can't wait to see you again my friend, we'll stop by wed when we get to PDO early afternoon! see latest emails with Chuck, Michele and Mark. not sure what you need for the fryer, I'm sure we can all dream something up :)

joester

2 salty dawgs
potluck is at Val + Chucks - see Bill at site #50 PDO for more details. I think we have 3 turkeys so far, couple of stuffings, gravy, salad, veggies, pies, smashed potatoes...and I know i'm forgetting some stuff. we'll stop by and see you in #43 once we get there Wed afternoon!