The Gratitude Salute

A

azbeachboy

Subject: Gratitude Salute

This is pretty neat.....(30 second video)... Have you ever seen one of our military walking past you and wanted to convey to them your thanks, but weren't sure how, or it felt awkward?

Recently, a gentleman from Seattle created a gesture which could be used to express your thanks and has started a movement to get
the word out..

Please everybody take just a moment to watch..... The Gratitude Salute...and then forward it to your friends!

THEN START USING THE SIGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

that's cool chuck... I always try to thank any military personal I see for their service... and I have sent it on to my friends and family...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
in my JOB (Just Over Broke) we give discount to all military personnel, active or retired, and has nothing to do with orders from headquarters, the general manager decided to do it on his own, it has been going on since memorial day, unlike the other stores they only do it in special dates or holidays

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
in my JOB (Just Over Broke) we give discount to all military personnel, active or retired, and has nothing to do with orders from headquarters, the general manager decided to do it on his own, it has been going on since memorial day, unlike the other stores they only do it in special dates or holidays
Very cool, Ink. Since my youngest son served in the Marines from 2000-2006, two tours in Iraq, it has brought back memories of how crappy we treated our Viet Nam soldiers. I have a personal mission to let our kids (and that is what most of them are) know how much we appreciate their service. And you haven't lived til you see a really old guy in a ball cap with his ship's or unit's name on it from many years ago, or the guys a couple of years ago who were heading to the WWII memorial dedication and you stop them and thank them. Tears have flowed. There is also an organization called Homes for Troops that I belong to that builds homes for wounded and disabled veterans. You can find them on Facebook.
Then the other issue is the kids from other countries that join our military. I don't think posthumous citizenship is enough...I think if they go into an active war zone, they get automatic citizenship. But enough of my soapbox. Like I said, VERY COOL, INK!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I agree, it is amazing the amount of people from other countries that wear the USA forces uniform and do it very proudly, a couple of weeks ago I helped a young man, he did not look older than 20 and you could see the scars on him, we spoke a few minutes and gave me teary eye to see his pain and I was amazed when he told me was from Iraq himself, I thought he was from another country 'cause his accent but never thought of him being an Iraqy national! just another example of what foreigners do and how they do it for the USA!!!