The Grouper Slayer puts us on the fish!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Some of the best eating fish in the Sea of Cortez.

Fillet them out, cut them into 1"x 1" x 4" strips. Mix up a bowl of Louisiana brand seasoned beer batter with a can of Tecate Light. Fill your wok with coconut oil 2" deep then deep fry them until golden brown. Cut up a heap of fresh corn tortilla strips, fry them up in the fishy coconut oil. Smash up a big avocado then chow down.

Just heavenly!

Sounds like dinner here tonight.

JJ

GEEKMEISTER

Some of the best eating fish in the Sea of Cortez.

Fillet them out, cut them into 1"x 1" x 4" strips. Mix up a bowl of Louisiana brand seasoned beer batter with a can of Tecate Light. Fill your wok with coconut oil 2" deep then deep fry them until golden brown. Cut up a heap of fresh corn tortilla strips, fry them up in the fishy coconut oil. Smash up a big avocado then chow down.

Just heavenly!

Sounds like dinner here tonight.

JJ
Crap I would have eaten it sashimi style.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Crap I would have eaten it sashimi style.
Grouper is not really good sashimi. Fry it for the bomb. Yellowtail? Yes!!!! Had some last week. Red Snapper? Have done fresh as sashimi and sushi. Have caught a lot of barellita (black skipjack) while Trolling. Good for machaca, not much else. So damned dark and bloody.

All the others in grouper family? Fry it. Your tastebuds will thank me.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Grouper grilled with garlic butter is pretty delicious too, had that in the Bahamas, so good I ordered it 2 consecutive nights.