The Market Season is On Us !

The Man

Elote verde?
Tamales are usually beef, goat or chicken. Usually has a olive and a strip of pepper.

But if you find elote tamale.....it's has mashed sweet corn and a little, not to sweet.
It's more of a dessert tamale.

They are good! You can get both at Wallmart there but I like buying from venders or resturants when they have then. I love them!

Tamales are usually beef, goat or chicken. Usually has a olive and a strip of pepper.

But if you find elote tamale.....it's has mashed sweet corn and a little, not to sweet.
It's more of a dessert tamale.

They are good! You can get both at Wallmart there but I like buying from venders or resturants when they have then. I love them!
Now an elote tamale would get my attention . . . if I knew of a place that makes them free of lard.

playaperro

El Pirata
The ladies that sell food in the morning at las conchas sell tamales made with potatoes and carrots, also bean and chorizo burritos not bad for fresh food in the morning, They come to your door saying Tamales , burritos, they also take special orders for the next day. I'm not a fan of tamales with potatoes and carrots.

MIRAMAR

Lagtima, we went to Cocina Oaxaca Saturday night and it was delicious. We had chicken enchiladas with mole Verde and Rojo sauce and all were fantastic. We couldn't believe the price with so much food. Definitely going back! Thanks for the tip.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lagtima, we went to Cocina Oaxaca Saturday night and it was delicious. We had chicken enchiladas with mole Verde and Rojo sauce and all were fantastic. We couldn't believe the price with so much food. Definitely going back! Thanks for the tip.
It's very good, and like you mentioned, not too expensive..They have ribs some day's, in a chile guajillo sauce, that are something else.. Tell your hubby to try the Picado's de Pollo or beef..Glad you liked it...

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

Not too expensive? We got HUGE portions for $8- I wish I would have taken pictures because we ate half, and were stuffed, and took the rest home and were again full for lunch. The family was originally from Oaxaca, moved to Penasco 5 years ago, and started this restaurant 3 years ago. I would definitely go back again!

Found this on Trip Advisor when I checked this morning:

Manuel M, Manager at Friendly Dolphin, responded to this review

The visitors review was right, the restaurant was closed back then. The reason for temporarily close the restaurant was due to the refurbishing of the streets in the entire old port and the drop in tourism to the city. When the city authorities decided the major renovation of all the streets in the old port, the access to the restaurant was cancelled and that together with the drop in the amount of tourists visiting Peñasco forced the owner to close its doors. However, the roads are new, access is back and the restaurant is back in business welcoming all new and old customers.

This was one of our favorite restaurants, mainly because of the wonderful staff and the great chiles rellenos. Some of the servers were there for 20+ years and we looked forward to seeing them whenever we visited. I hope they hire some of the old staff back.
I look forward to seeing reports from those of you who can go there to check it out. I am stranded here in Iowa and probably won't be back in RP/PP until October.:(