The Police in Sonoita are out of control!

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Please feel free to spin it as you see fit...we have been stopped 3 different times and shook down for doing the same speed.
Queens is completely delusional, does not believe anyone and is supportive of corruption-maybe even on the take.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Not sure if I will be VOICING my opinion any longer on anything Sonoyta related... my apologies to the don.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Please feel free to spin it as you see fit...we have been stopped 3 different times and shook down for doing the same speed.
Uh huh. People breaking the law are loathe to admit guilt. Much easier to claim the police are corrupt. May I suggest you start obeying the law and you won't get 'shook down'?

ernesto

Well Known Member
So I guess the Chief Of Police is going to stop the corruption that doesn't exist? EVERYONE knows what goes on there. Including you.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Our son went back to Phx today, at 10am had a 15 minute wait, he saw 2 Sonoyta police cars sitting off the road.
He got a thorough check by the CBP agents. He said there was a heavy Park ranger, Sheriff presence all the way
to Why and Sheriff's to Ajo. He thought they were baiting people by riding on their bumpers

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Our son went back to Phx today, at 10am had a 15 minute wait, he saw 2 Sonoyta police cars sitting off the road.
He got a thorough check by the CBP agents. He said there was a heavy Park ranger, Sheriff presence all the way
to Why and Sheriff's to Ajo. He thought they were baiting people by riding on their bumpers
So the American cops are all corrupt and bad too? I thought we were only demonizing the Mexican police on this thread?

JoseAz

Well Known Member
My daughter and son in law got the $140 welcome returning to the US. Guess what. They were speeding!
Came in a little too hot just before the red cross donation. I dont think that will happen again

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Here is something for future reference, supposedly if you go to the station and pay the fine is reduced by 50%. Never pay the Police directly.
Here is some info from the Sonoyta Police Commander.
Police chief Miguel Angel Trujillo this number is to his cellphone
+5218116602530. He said if you get stopped to go to the police station to pay the fine.
If the police officer won't let you pay at the station to call him in the presence of the police officer that way he can talk to them.
Maybe if everyone stops paying the cops, threads like this will go away.

Attachments

Last edited:

richwi

Well Known Member
So via a connection with a Penasco developer I had the chance to talk to Chief Trujillo today. He seems very sincere in trying to clean things up in Sonoyta. Only time will tell how successful he is, but I believe the guy is truly trying.

mondone

Whitecaps
So via a connection with a Penasco developer I had the chance to talk to Chief Trujillo today. He seems very sincere in trying to clean things up in Sonoyta. Only time will tell how successful he is, but I believe the guy is truly trying.
We have heard this so many times before for 33+ years. Nothing will actually ever change. Same old BS , I'm sure.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Not sure if I will be VOICING my opinion any longer on anything Sonoyta related... my apologies to the don.

As a former political journalist here in Tucson, this incident chills me to the bone. Especially the timing.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
As a former political journalist here in Tucson, this incident chills me to the bone. Especially the timing.
I don't think anyone read it because nobody commented on why I posted it. When shit is happening to journalists in Sonoyta, it's certainly possible for it to happen to ANYONE that gets out of line. YO SE MI LUGAR y yo seguire en la lina... The only other thing I will say is that I almost felt that "the men" that were asking us if we wanted to go to the front of the line were getting progressively more frustrated with me every time I said no thank you. There was clearly a "supervisor" that was there watching the low level gentlemen ask each car if they wanted to go. Not sure why but he insisted on hanging out next to us as the line crept forward. I bet we turned down 4 or 5 propositions to contribute to the "cause". Not the cause I'm looking to donate to unfortunately and with respect of course. Every answer was, "no thank you" but the "pit boss" pulled up along side of the passenger window after being next to us for about 20 minutes and we had to tell him personally, "no thank you" and he was visibly frustrated as he shook his head no and then finally pulled away. It was unnerving to say the least. It was like we had a big target on our vehicle because of the jet ski or something??? I don't know but to think there were more than a few CHIVO DE CUERNOS around us in those "businessmen's" cars I was starting to think that the answer should have been YES just to keep them happy. It's one of those things, like when you were young and your Italian grandfather that grew up through the 30's depression said, "eat all of your food" he wasn't asking and "no" or not eating everything on your plate wasn't an option...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So not stopping at a stop sign is $19 US and the cops try and get $100 or more on the spot?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK????! Speeding is twice as much as a DUI. Why wouldn't it be?!