The Police in Sonoita are out of control!

richwi

Well Known Member
I found out this morning I had to drive to my new house in Flagstaff to meet a contractor. Hit the Sonyota city limits at 9 am exactly. I did not see a single cop. I met Brokenwave for the first time last night. My experience with my retirement accounts in recent months has been very similar to his.
My retirement account, a majority of which is in the stock of a privately held company(, has gone up 12% in each of the past 2 quarters for a net of 25.44% over the past 6 months.

mondone

Whitecaps
Been next to impossible not to have a nice return the past year actually-

Your 401k Personal Performance:

05/19/2020 - 05/19/2021

24.45%

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I returned this morning and crossed at 11 AM. I got a green light but the National Guard pulled me for the first time. I got out and said “Residente”. As I reached for my card they asked me a detail about where I lived, and they immediately gave me a thumbs up and sent me on my way with no search. No cops on the north end of town. Taking the bypass I saw two State Police trucks and one local car driving around. At the south end of town I saw a single local cop actually writing a ticket on a northbound car pulled at the bottom of the hill. No one else lurking. At Km post 7 three state police trucks had a checkpoint set up with traffic cones set out, but they weren’t stopping anyone. At least no one below 70 mph. Never saw that before. I agree with Ernesto that something has changed. My last half dozen droves through Sonyota have been low key.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Just like every other thread gets hi-jacked. Nothing new. :teehee:
You down this weekend? I wanted to see if you'd guide me over there in LC honey hole... I think Saturday looks too windy to get the YET SKY out so we're looking to take the 4wd BEEF eater over the dunes to Marua to shore fish. I might ask Fishing Penasco as well... he's down every weekend. Those tanks you guys are pulling out of that honey hole are impressive and now that we have that certified beach comber I'd like to partake...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Also, it would be nice to let the dog run around in the sand and water without some fake beach police telling me that the dog needs to be on a leash to swim in the ocean... German Shorthairs and leashes aren't compatible...

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
You down this weekend? I wanted to see if you'd guide me over there in LC honey hole... I think Saturday looks too windy to get the YET SKY out so we're looking to take the 4wd BEEF eater over the dunes to Marua to shore fish. I might ask Fishing Penasco as well... he's down every weekend. Those tanks you guys are pulling out of that honey hole are impressive and now that we have that certified beach comber I'd like to partake...
No, won't be back until next month maybe.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
typical Lib reply when he was merely replying to broken raving about Biden’s fake impact on his IRA.

Are you going to be consistent and call for a ban on broken as well ?
Raving LOL, Raving isn't part of my MO or my Portfolio.

Just stating fact's that pertain to me, as well as some others, who have posted their IRA's are doing similarly well. Not fake.
The current stock market run is great and the new political environment is definitely helping that to continue.

And back to the original thread, The Police have calmed down mucho in Sonoyta since the new chief took over.

P Cullom

Follow up to my previous post. We came down to Cholla today, lot's of Friday traffic going south. Arrived at the border at 10AM, 2 lanes open going into Mexico, RH lane which we were in, they were waving all cars thru. Waited 2-3 minutes cruised thru town going 35KPH. We saw ONE police car
coming from the main road thru town, we took the 19 de Sept turn off. FYI the 2nd stop sign going south is gone at this intersection.
You still need to stop. Weather is great, temp is 82 with 50% humidity and a slight breeze. Sat is going to get pretty windy per Windyty.

FYI for those coming down today, I was told there is a 3 Plus mile line at the border, google also seez it's a really long line.
I will check that out on Google Earth. I wonder if that site is current??? Which site did you use to check?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I will check that out on Google Earth. I wonder if that site is current??? Which site did you use to check?
I use Google maps and make sure that the traffic feature is selected. It's seems to be accurate but I've checked the border coming in on Fri the 14th it showed 1/4 mile line when I was in Why and 25 minutes later there were 10 cars in front of us as we crossed south. So not perfect.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Raving LOL, Raving isn't part of my MO or my Portfolio.

Just stating fact's that pertain to me, as well as some others, who have posted their IRA's are doing similarly well. Not fake.
The current stock market run is great and the new political environment is definitely helping that to continue.

And back to the original thread, The Police have calmed down mucho in Sonoyta since the new chief took over.
I am happy for you, even in your delusion, that the new political environment is working so well for you. So happy it isn’t temporary and these policies will only have positive effects forever. It is working so well for all Americans. It has that warm fuzzy feeling like Utopia.

I say we are selling ourselves at too short on the $6 Trillion. Double the spending and double the fun ! And that includes your IRA too. We are on a roll, I say make it $12 Trillion!

I’m guessing it will continue along with unicorns and cotton candy and rainbows and Bigfoot and the moon made of blue cheese and cows flying and so many more brilliant decisions that are making your IRA go up and up and up. The fundamentals of economic growth are amazing by the government paying our citizens to stay home while 8 million job openings are available and nobody wants to take a job because they are being paid on average $3700 a month by the Fed. What a progressive economic strategy that even those with common sense will get.

It’s like we are living in a great big helium balloon that will never, ever pop and keep on going forever. It’s just glorious how the new political environment is giving us all, so much. Goose bumps for everyone !

Cant wait for what is next.

Back to the original topic at hand. Those cops in Sonoyta sure have mellowed out since the police chief spoke up, haven’t they ?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I'm guessing this thread has gotten to this point about the reality of things. I have faith things things will be just fine.
Why do people keep playing the same fear story as you know who, the one no longer a news story.
beating-a-dead-horse-animated-gif-2.gif
Back to the thread,
The line coming into Sonoyta today was much shorter and quicker than usual for a big holiday, Mexican agents were just waving most people thru per a few people who came down this afternoon

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Only finding 7oz pacifico returnable bottles. Pacifico lite in cans is available. Victoria and Corona seems plentiful. No Sol in bottles anywhere.