They think the virus is the fault of the US visitors

joester

2 salty dawgs
Brokenwave - many people, very many people, have told me that.
We need testing - I hear it's the best testing anywhere.......
where is it??

where is it??
IMHO!
It's someone selling it as reality, a Don the Con special. Without wide spread testing for the CV and Antibody tests how many people will start
going places to be around crowds? I would wager the fear of something that we can't see will keep that from happening until those promised tests become main stream. Not mainstream enough yet.

With all the statements that somebody makes using words like, huge, the biggest, the best etc.
Someone has some serious insecurity issues.

Roberto, It wouldn't surprise me at all that the amount of cases in Mexico are lower than reality, same as with most of the countries out there.
In the US we've done 3,400,000 tests so far, 20% were positive, only approx 1% of the US population
Mexico show only 40,000 tests done so far, on this site, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#news
It has all countries listed with various info on the CV.

Kenny

Here are the numbers that were put out for today and I don't believe they're any more an accurate count than our numbers here in the states.
Arizona
Confirmed4,234
Recovered0
Deaths150

Baja California
Confirmed505
Recovered0
Deaths31

Baja California Sur
Confirmed166
Recovered0
Deaths6

Sonora
Confirmed89
Recovered0
Deaths10

Chihuahua
Confirmed108
Recovered0
Deaths23

For more scroll down.... https://www.bing.com/search?q=arizona+coronavirus&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

where is it??
Testing for what? Just assume EVERYONE is a carrier at this point. Even if you get a test, those results are only good for the 5 minutes it took to do the test. You could literally be exposed to the Chinese virus the very next minute. Stop with the testing obsession. Only those very sick should have testing priority.

These words will be famous “ Everyone that needs a test can get a test “ and ” we have the best test, the most beautiful test”
“ we are the only country that has done so much testing”. How convenient that FDA rules have been relaxed for covid 19 test. China has flooded the market with so called tests. Perfect timing when you can’t put your confidence in a test. A BIG THANK YOU TO FRONTLINE WORKERS.

Testing for what? Just assume EVERYONE is a carrier at this point. Even if you get a test, those results are only good for the 5 minutes it took to do the test. You could literally be exposed to the Chinese virus the very next minute. Stop with the testing obsession. Only those very sick should have testing priority.
Testing is a good thing, if you test positive go home and quarantine and not spread it to those who
don't have it yet, I'm sure there are a few out there.

Assumptions, (It's just like the Flu and will go away by April 1st) that's what our vocal leader did and look what that did for us.
The Frontline hero's are paying the price for that.

Kenny

What he said was true and that's why Chris Cuomo can't be with his wife who just came down with it until hers runs its course. But, to think they both won't need tests to make sure neither is contagious, to put it simply. shows a lack of cognitive thinking. It's just not that simple.

Anyone posting numbers that no one has recovered should question the numbers
There are numerous people recovering, some places in Europe and Asia close to 30%+, in the US less than 10%.
That's because we're a few weeks behind the Euro zone. If you're interested in following the CV-10 here is a site with the info.

ScreenShot_20200417171508.png

Kenny

Anyone posting numbers that no one has recovered should question the numbers
I noticed that and concluded than rather than put a completely unknown number up, they chose to leave it blank, a 0. Now I don't think any of the numbers we get are completely accurate, that's impossible, but the handy site I put up is in step with most all other reputable sources here in the states. I said above, "I don't believe they're any more an accurate count than our numbers here in the states." And of course, I was referring to Mexicos numbers that are, in another time and place, laughable.

Estero

Here are the numbers that were put out for today and I don't believe they're any more an accurate count than our numbers here in the states.
Arizona
Confirmed4,234
Recovered0
Deaths150

Baja California
Confirmed505
Recovered0
Deaths31

Baja California Sur
Confirmed166
Recovered0
Deaths6

Sonora
Confirmed89
Recovered0
Deaths10

Chihuahua
Confirmed108
Recovered0
Deaths23

For more scroll down.... https://www.bing.com/search?q=arizona+coronavirus&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN
Baja actually is up to 72 confirmed deaths today and 565 confirmed positive as I type this. Those #'s make the CFR 12% which is really scary. With more testing the CFR should fall obviously to hopefully a much much lower #.
https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/
https://www.elimparcial.com/mexico/Avance-del-coronavirus-en-Mexico-20200325-0088.html

Kenny

Baja actually is up to 72 confirmed deaths today and 565 confirmed positive as I type this. Those #'s make the CFR 12% which is really scary. With more testing the CFR should fall obviously to hopefully a much much lower #.
https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/
https://www.elimparcial.com/mexico/Avance-del-coronavirus-en-Mexico-20200325-0088.html
Ah ha, thank you. They may not be completely accurate as none are, but it's a very well put together site. The graphs are important so you can have a visual of the rise in cases comparatively.

My sister sent this to me today, and it's just this easy to get. I suspect in Mexico there is going to be a jump in cases because of Easter gatherings of all kinds.
I have a friend in Canada who was exposed by a person who had just been in Las Vegas. 3 days later her symptoms started. Cough and fever. Having a family (2 teen boys & hubby) she stayed in her room only. Said it was horrid, not the isolation, but being very ill. It has been 5 weeks now and she still won't go out but is released from her bedroom.

Last edited:

joester

2 salty dawgs
Queen - so assuming EVERYONE is a carrier - how long do you suppose the virus lasts in/on a carrier? And how long AFTER you became a carrier, are you still a carrier? We don't want to get this virus from anyone carrying it around and sharing it unknowingly, nor do we want to be carriers without knowing it. So please tell me, how do we know without tests? We've been keeping our distance and doing everything we can for over 5 weeks, yet I think I'm going to stay home for a while yet. Good luck to everyone, stay safe, stay home and stay healthy.

Queen - so assuming EVERYONE is a carrier - how long do you suppose the virus lasts in/on a carrier? And how long AFTER you became a carrier, are you still a carrier? We don't want to get this virus from anyone carrying it around and sharing it unknowingly, nor do we want to be carriers without knowing it. So please tell me, how do we know without tests? We've been keeping our distance and doing everything we can for over 5 weeks, yet I think I'm going to stay home for a while yet. Good luck to everyone, stay safe, stay home and stay healthy.
You don't so stay home and away from everyone else. Isn't that what you are supposed to be doing right now? Right now the science tells us 2 weeks is long enough for the Chinese virus to go away. The data is incomplete but for the mob to believe testing is the solution to this virus is insantity.

Kenny

You don't so stay home and away from everyone else. Isn't that what you are supposed to be doing right now? Right now the science tells us 2 weeks is long enough for the Chinese virus to go away. The data is incomplete but for the mob to believe testing is the solution to this virus is insantity.
I don't know what "mob" you hang out with to get that idea, but my friends know testing is a tool, or are you just being contrary?

Now as my friend the Joester said above, "Good luck to everyone, stay safe, stay home and stay healthy."

rplarry

I don't know what "mob" you hang out with to get that idea, but my friends know testing is a tool, or are you just being contrary?

Now as my friend the Joester said above, "Good luck to everyone, stay safe, stay home and stay healthy."
There are 2 types of testing being discussed.

The test for being currently infected or non- infected by the virus.

The other test being the anti-body test which would test both current and past exposure.

The only test worth conducting for the masses would be the antibody test.

The other test would be meaningless for the millions of people who may have had the virus and were asymptomatic, have developed an immunity , and would currently test negative. That data would be useless and meaningless for predicting and modeling.

joester

2 salty dawgs
There are 2 types of testing being discussed.

The test for being currently infected or non- infected by the virus.

The other test being the anti-body test which would test both current and past exposure.

The only test worth conducting for the masses would be the antibody test.

The other test would be meaningless for the millions of people who may have had the virus and were asymptomatic, have developed an immunity , and would currently test negative. That data would be useless and meaningless for predicting and modeling.
rplarry -
ok, so testing for the anti-bodies sounds good for everyone. How long until they have reliable tests, for 330 million people, and how long will it take for those tests to be given, and the results known? Inquiring minds need to know. Thank you.