They think the virus is the fault of the US visitors

rplarry

rplarry -
ok, so testing for the anti-bodies sounds good for everyone. How long until they have reliable tests, for 330 million people, and how long will it take for those tests to be given, and the results known? Inquiring minds need to know. Thank you.
Not sure if you are being sincere or a smart ass. Guessing the later.

Here is my answer : A long freaking time.

My response was a general response based upon prior posts debating the validity of testing or not testing.

The only way to get out of this thing is to develop herd immunity. Same as all the prior corona/sars/mers viruses. Shuttering in place only prolongs and delays the virus from it naturally dying off and almost guarantees a second wave.

Feel bad for Rocky Point. virtually Zero cases, zero herd immunity, a crushed economy, and a high likelihood this all comes back again because nobody has been exposed/immunized.

Flatten the Curve = Prolong the Virus

Shuttering in Place = No Herd Immunity

No Herd Immunity = Longer Pain and Suffering both Health-wise and Economically

Hope that eases your inquiring mind.

joester

2 salty dawgs
My mind is not as ease, as there is NO plan from the Feds. The smaller gov't plan when it comes to pandemic virus not such a great thing. But good luck to you both, really. We all need some luck about now.

My mind is not as ease, as there is NO plan from the Feds. The smaller gov't plan when it comes to pandemic virus not such a great thing. But good luck to you both, really. We all need some luck about now.
I agree, No real Plan at the Federal level, wait didn't they start doing the right thing with stay at home orders, Ahh, no, the states did that.
Pushing to open places up while new cases are climbing 27,500 in the US today alone, Duuh! And More Duuh!

The best thing people can do is watch the curve of new cases, when those drop dramatically and recovered cases increases dramatically,
only then, would I feel confident to start mingling again provided that AZ and other states opened things back up.

People themselves should make that decision for themselves, Not the DC CV-19 Circus.

Zero confidence in that group because of the person at the top controlling it.

More fake news , you guys should be happy , your all in for big gov. More rallies set against states shelter in place , people need and want to get back to work , we're not a country to sit on our ass and wait for somebody to take care of us . It should be up to the business and employees as to how they open up , they know what's best . The pres laze out basic guidelines . I have all the confidence in our leadership unlike you folks .

joester

2 salty dawgs
I had hoped I was done with this thread - but I can't help but ask you Steve, you really have all the confidence in the leadership?
You have really set the bar extremely low for your expectations from your leaders.
I expect at least honesty, empathy, compassion and a basic understanding of human kindness, an he has shown none of these. Sad.

rplarry

I just hoping the cv-19 goes away, we can come back to the Penasco that we love and the Trumpster becomes a sad little footnote in US history.
Hope is a fantastic strategy. Good luck with that.

Protect our elders and older folks, and those who are health-compromised. Have them shelter in place until herd immunity is achieved.

Put the kids back in school, the almost no-risk segment of our population, let them spread it around and create herd immunity for us all, and then the virus will dissipate and die. Keeping kids out of school and not exposed is going to allow this thing to linger for another 6-18 months. And then it could likely come back with a vengeance.

This virus so far is not that different than 2003 and 2009. The main difference is the panic and ridiculous comparison to the US being like Italy. The media scaring the living shit out of people and our economy being totally shut down is the primary difference than the prior pandemics. However the unintended consequences will be dramatically worse than the actual virus itself.

Can you even begin to imagine if we had a ticker on CNN or Fox showing the infected count and the 30-60,000 deaths from the flu each year ?? We would all lose our minds.

Not saying Covid is not serious, it is. But for goodness sake, so is ruining our economy because of knee-jerk shut it down decisions and BAD DATA !

Bad Data = Garbage in - Garbage Out

And we have been given a whole bunch of trash and fear over the past 4 weeks.

Kenny

Ha, I've never thought of Larry working or doing much of anything in the decade or so we've been on here, not alone as someone who was ready to put himself on the line and in harm's way for the greater good of the herd. Damn Larry, thank you.

joester

2 salty dawgs
The trash being delivered is coming from the top. Maybe if the truth were told and accepted in January, we'd all be on the beach having fun.
I'm going to stay home, stay safe and stay healthy.

The trash being delivered is coming from the top. Maybe if the truth were told and accepted in January, we'd all be on the beach having fun.
I'm going to stay home, stay safe and stay healthy.
I could not agree more. If only Xi and the CCP had told the truth in December, January, February, well just about anytime, their Chinese virus would not have been nearly as ubiquitous and maybe a pandemic could have been avoided. However, like Russia, China is NEVER to be trusted.

rplarry

Don't forget the top US official who was in denial until recently. Lots of blame to go around on this cluster.
Help me out brokenbrain....

What is “recently” ?

Was the President in denial when he shut down all travel from China in late January ?

Was Fauci, Deblasio and Cuomo all in denial when they said in January and February that the China virus is nothing to worry about, and come to NY to celebrate the Chinese New Year ?

There is a lot of blame to go around, Trump included. But be freaking fair in the fact that he got SHITTY data and SCIENTIFIC information from EXPERTS who are now proven wrong in their projections of the dead by 10x - 20x wrong !

“Oh sorry, we thought the UK would have 500k dead by May. Sorry, I have revised my projection to 20K. Sorry about that. “

Meanwhile the entire worlds economy is SMASHED. People are freaked out and the dipshit EXPERTS and politicians are now left scrambling to cover their tracks, fudge the real death rates to make them higher, etc.

Yes, this is serious. And sadly people are dying. Yet, these draconian measures will kill MANY MORE worldwide than the virus itself.

Here is “god” Fauci :

Right on RPLARRY , well said . It's no surprise that those kind of folks fail to tell the whole truth just the parts that make them fell good . It's like they rooting for the United States to fail . So very sad

Last edited:

What is “recently” ?

Was the President in denial when he shut down all travel from China in late January ?
Was Fauci, Deblasio and Cuomo all in denial when they said in January and February that the China virus is nothing to worry about, and come to NY to celebrate the Chinese New Year ?
There is a lot of blame to go around, Trump included. But be freaking fair in the fact that he got SHITTY data and SCIENTIFIC information from EXPERTS who are now proven wrong in their projections of the dead by 10x - 20x wrong !
“Oh sorry, we thought the UK would have 500k dead by May. Sorry, I have revised my projection to 20K. Sorry about that. “
Meanwhile the entire worlds economy is SMASHED. People are freaked out and the dipshit EXPERTS and politicians are now left scrambling to cover their tracks, fudge the real death rates to make them higher, etc.
Yes, this is serious. And sadly people are dying. Yet, these draconian measures will kill MANY MORE worldwide than the virus itself.
Here is “god” Fauci :

Recently= the past month, not like the 2+ months it should have been, he should have shut down travel from everywhere in early March.
Not just China, Most of the infections in the US are from Euro Zone.
Dr. Fauci like him or not he's the face Trump uses to balance out the daily CV-19 re-election shows.

The economy will get better after this runs it's course (a plus side on the economy getting smashed is that all the unhealthy
Zombie companies staying in business will fail.

(Google the Red Dawn report the Times printed, all the info contained is from e-mails between medical people warning
about how bad this is going to be months ago, all info is public knowledge (freedom of information act allows that).

Larry, You really should look at a broader list of news sources, because the ones you're getting your info from are really bad for your health.
A smile will make you feel so much better than what you're feeling currently.

I'm not freaked out at all, just want us to survive the CV-19, preferring the 2nd wave to be minimal

and waiting for a different face to be on the news starting in Nov. 4th. And watching the sun set behind the mountains of Baja again. :cool:

Last edited:

Roberto

Well the sun is not setting yet but it's a beautiful day sitting on the seaside deck. No clouds. Nice comfortable breeze. Birds feeding off shore. No one in sight. The Aholes with the loud rigs of yesterday are not active yet. Maybe they left for home? I am glad I gave up TV 20 years ago.

Well the sun is not setting yet but it's a beautiful day sitting on the seaside deck. No clouds. Nice comfortable breeze. Birds feeding off shore. No one in sight. The Aholes with the loud rigs of yesterday are not active yet. Maybe they left for home? I am glad I gave up TV 20 years ago.
Yet you never get tired of telling us how you gave up TV....

What is “recently” ?

Here is “god” Fauci :

Well said. The liberals cannot dispute your facts. They just seethe.