This Blows!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yet again. <sigh> Today actually looks fine (of course, I can't leave work and be there), but every weekend for the past month has looked pretty crappy.

Attachments

Kelney

Stuart
Just look at the bright side, nice breezy conditions to take the edge off the sweltering heat! Have you been able to compare the buoyweather reports to any first hand accounts? Seems like the San Carlos bunch does not have a lot of faith in buoyweather during the summer months. Wondering if that applied to RP. I know when I spent a week in RP last summer, Buoyweather's virtual predictions were actually the opposite of the actual weather and swells. I know I would be hesitant in towing a boat down myself knowing that our only real source of info shows it being a chum maker on the water.

Sixty

7' @ 5 seconds.... Don't you think you're over reacting a little bit? :D

With that weather you could verify wether your cat would make a good submarine.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
"Wusses" was said as a joke. ;)

I'm as big a wuss as anyone when it comes to heading out to fish in anything much over two foot seas. Yeah, I have done it (the desperation to fish overriding my common sense) and lived to tell about it. I don't need it to be glass flat, but no sense in beating up the boat, the crew, and most of all, me! :lol:

Just ask my wife about my fishing optimism. I think she'll shoot me if she ever hears the words "Don't worry honey, it's gonna lay down" uttered from my lips again! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Besides, if I can't fish, at *least* I can whine about it!!

dmcauley

Buoy weather has been pretty damn accurate for the last few weeks. I drive to the Malecon every Saturday before 6am and it's been just as bad as last year the last several weeks. This will be my first weekend in a coon's age that I'm not heading down- Let's hope for next weekend Stuart and I'll show off the Josefina to ya'.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Look forward to seeing it DM! Let's see if it can catch dorado!

Also, thanks for the confirmation on the accuracy of the Buoyweather. I know it can be off, but if you use it to look at the trend, it's usually spot on. For example, if it shows several days of flat water, it's usually correct. If it's showing unsettled weather or a blow coming through, I've found that to be fairly accurate. Timing may be off a little because weather fronts may stall or pick up steam and move faster. Very seldom have I found that it was actually nice when it has predicted it to be rough. If anything, it's just the opposite - rougher than actually predicted.