THOUGHTS on WiFi? One company better than the other?

sea nile

Sea Nile
I have the AT&T to go phone. This is a prepaid plan. Calling from Rocky Point to the US is 25 cents per minute. Within the states it's 10 cents a minute. You can purchase up to $100 and it's good for a year and can be carried over to the next year. Smaller amounts have different expiration times. Incoming and outgoing calls have great reception. If you allow the incoming call to go to voice mail there is no charge.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
AT & T Viva Mexico, I used it last year, After 2 months of wonderful telephone service, I get message my plan was being cancelled because I used too many non AT & T towers. so you may want to check this out. I am back to international with Mexico and its $ .50 a minute for in and out going calls. and no text. In other words when in PP you are using non AT&T towers..

You may want to check this out and ask plenty of questions..
I use my AT&T Viva Mexico plan phone all over RP and as far as the Mayan Palace for the past 2 years and have never been told anything about non ATT towers usage, in Mexico is part of the deal, you will be using Telcel/Moviestar, there are no ATT antenas in Mexico.

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Um, yes, I think what he was trying to say is, he used it extensively in Mexico and not enough in the states...

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Well, good news. We don't need 'quipment or signal whatsit. Turns out the place we stay is near a 'repeater' antenna and all we have to do is log on an account with tengointernet and away we GO! Case closed!

jerry

Tel Cell Internet Summary from visit to the main office in Caborca last Thursday.
Amigo Plan (pay as you go) is only good but only for occasional e-mail checking...facebook will blow out for Data limit fast.
a 5.5 gig a month plan requires a 18 month plan,You need 2 utility bills and a FM2 or FM3 5.5 GB a month is a lot but you can't be downloading movies... the plan is under 40 bucks a month

Tel Cell Internet Summary from visit to the main office in Caborca last Thursday.
Amigo Plan (pay as you go) is only good but only for occasional e-mail checking...facebook will blow out for Data limit fast.
a 5.5 gig a month plan requires a 18 month plan,You need 2 utility bills and a FM2 or FM3 5.5 GB a month is a lot but you can't be downloading movies... the plan is under 40 bucks a month
the 5.5 gig plan is cheaper then a couple of those systems that are advertised for the Playa Encanto area....and probably faster too. I recall seeing that they are 1 mbps download/256K upload systems.