THREAD HI JERKING

This forum used to be great. With the crap that Happy did and all of the Hi Jack stuff that goes on it no longer seems to serve its original purpose of providing information and a comraderie to a special group of good prople who fish or go to RP.
I have held out for a long time but find I go on line less and less often.
Stuart You are a great guy and there many other folks on the site that I am lucky enough to be able to call friends.
Thank you for all of the good stuff that came to us over the past years. Your efforts are sincerely appreciatred.
Bill Hale / Wood Spinner

Landshark

I wasn't a member of the forum in the early days so I don't know what it was like back then but I think it still provides good information about RP. My Mexico visits are in a little more remote area than most so I don't make friends with forum members personally like many do, but still feel like I know many and believe they are my friends. Like Jeeper says, I feel like I am part of the forum family. The few I do know personally are good people and I hope to meet more and make new forum friends in the future.

Yes, there are thread hijacks and people talking crap, but with the forum having over 13,000 members I think that is to be expected. The world we live in is far from perfect so I think it would be unrealistic to expect anything different on here. But the reality is most people are good folks and you can't let the few that aren't get you down, both in life and on here. Bill, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and hope you can continue to be a part of the forum. IMHO.

Roberto

Better a bottle of antacid !! It's like bar talk here. People like to comment, irrespective of relevance. And yes the content has wandered here and there over the years. What appears to be important to most is not to me. Like where to buy booze, or where to drink, the more active threads.

Terry C

I hope some day Roberto and GV will put up a fight page and an arrest page. They go at it on 13th street and 90 days in the electric chair for running a stop sign he didn't see. News at 9.

This forum used to be great. With the crap that Happy did and all of the Hi Jack stuff that goes on it no longer seems to serve its original purpose of providing information and a comraderie to a special group of good prople who fish or go to RP.
I have held out for a long time but find I go on line less and less often.
Stuart You are a great guy and there many other folks on the site that I am lucky enough to be able to call friends.
Thank you for all of the good stuff that came to us over the past years. Your efforts are sincerely appreciatred.
Bill Hale / Wood Spinner
Wood Spinner........your absolutely correct.....believe me your not the only one who goes to this forum less and less. Now a days there are to many other constructive & effective websites to go to for Rocky Point information & discussion such as Facebook, Rocky Point 360, all the individual emailed news letters, the Rocky Point Times, etc etc...

This forum was hijacked years ago by a few RP haters ( you know who you are ) who spend 24/7 on here bashing RP every chance they get & using this forum as their personal email to communicate w/ the other RP haters that they have bonded with. These haters either lost money in RP or dont like the development here ( new Resorts etc ).

Too bad because this forum could have been really useful & constructive w/ lots of CONTRIBUTING REGULAR members. This forum is all about hating, bashing, off topic info, name calling. No wonder no body goes to this site. Someone said this site has 13,000 members ( what a laugh ) you mean 13k people who have visited this site & never returned after they see how dissfunctional the site is w/ the maybe 10 people that make 99% of the comments.

ADVICE The only way to fix this forum & to get thousands of people visiting this site regularly contributing helpful info on RP is to remove the 3 or 4 haters of RP on here that live on this site 24/7 that have driven everyone else away. These haters seem to love other places in Mexico so start your own forum on those places. You dont visit RP, you dont like RP so stay off the RP forum. You can stay in touch daily w/ the other haters via phone, email, face book & cry all you want to each other about how you hate all the progress in RP...

Roberto

Mike in RP--- I hate to be negative, but I disagree with your observations, opinions. True there is not much going on here much of the time so there is not a lot to post. I'm not sure what you hope to see here. You don't seem to post much, why not follow your own advice and post more if you have interesting and valuable information about Penasco?
Most active topics have to do with drinking and eating plus fishing. Reflects activities here. Some of the 'constructive and effective' websites you list provide no real accurate information and are dominated by commercial interests and rampant promotion irrespective of accuracy.
Maybe you think any bad news is bashing Penasco. Sorry but there are problems here and people are entitled to know when violence flares or the roads suck. or the police are out of control.
Hilariously to me you come across as a hater !! You certainly have a distorted negative opinion about this forum. This forum is far, far from all about hating, bashing, off topic info, name calling as you put it. You might take a few minutes to scan over past posts.

AZRob

You out of here Bill for good? I will miss your posts. Now Im stuck reading Robertos. LOL I like reading yours Roberto just kidding.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What a balancing act.......I am of course an optimist which puts me at odds with the pessimist (jackass) but at the end of the day I feel that both sides should be able to contribute non hurtful post to the benefit of everyone that reads the blog or thread.

I feel that it has become increasingly easy to offer an opinion that is either offbase, off subject or so jerky that no one wants to read it. Then you have people leave the area, which makes the area less valuable.

Pick a way that works for the the blog or it will pick a way for you!

I will continue to watch. From afar with a beer in my hand -vayas con dios!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Bill, thanks! You are always welcome here and truly, you'll still be a friend whether you visit the forum or not.

Mike - While I understand some of your comments, you seem to have a few misconceptions. I have more or less run this forum for years from the old days when Mike O'Neill owned it and sold it to Steve Schwab as "rockypointonline." It was reincarnated as a real estate site, which quickly crashed and burned. Tyler was kind enough to offer us (the community that is this forum, dysfunctional as it may be) a place to regroup and carry on. The reason I've worked to keep it going all these years? Fishing. I love fishing and you've got some of the best fishermen in the Sea of Cortez that are part of this site. That's good enough for me.

This site has never been a commercial enterprise. There are no in-your-face pop-up ads appearing every two seconds. There is no membership fee. We don't collect stats and feed Google to force-feed you advertisements. We're a simply a forum, a place to talk and express your opinion, good or bad. We honestly don't care if we have a million members or a hundred members. It's about the people - some love Rocky Point, some hate it. I refuse to ever become like the mainstream media these days and only ever allow one side of the story to be told. If this site were to become nothing but kumbaya bullshit, like so many others that dwell ONLY on what a great safe place it is, here, let me sell you a condo... well, I'd stop being a part of it. It's better to read both sides and make an informed opinion. There's only one user that has been permabanned here and that's because, despite hundreds of chances, he simply could not control himself and his interactions with other members.

Totally your choice. You can stay, or you can go where the sun always shines and nothing bad ever happens. Totally up to you, you're still welcome here either way.

Derek

I've been away for a long time but I'm back! I think this group has a lot of good information and I enjoy it. Just figured i'd throw in my two cents.

jerry

Wood Spinner........your absolutely correct.....believe me your not the only one who goes to this forum less and less. Now a days there are to many other constructive & effective websites to go to for Rocky Point information & discussion such as Facebook, Rocky Point 360, all the individual emailed news letters, the Rocky Point Times, etc etc...

This forum was hijacked years ago by a few RP haters ( you know who you are ) who spend 24/7 on here bashing RP every chance they get & using this forum as their personal email to communicate w/ the other RP haters that they have bonded with. These haters either lost money in RP or dont like the development here ( new Resorts etc ).

Too bad because this forum could have been really useful & constructive w/ lots of CONTRIBUTING REGULAR members. This forum is all about hating, bashing, off topic info, name calling. No wonder no body goes to this site. Someone said this site has 13,000 members ( what a laugh ) you mean 13k people who have visited this site & never returned after they see how dissfunctional the site is w/ the maybe 10 people that make 99% of the comments.

ADVICE The only way to fix this forum & to get thousands of people visiting this site regularly contributing helpful info on RP is to remove the 3 or 4 haters of RP on here that live on this site 24/7 that have driven everyone else away. These haters seem to love other places in Mexico so start your own forum on those places. You dont visit RP, you dont like RP so stay off the RP forum. You can stay in touch daily w/ the other haters via phone, email, face book & cry all you want to each other about how you hate all the progress in RP...
Mystery man mike,some of us are just looking out for the folks.We warn when danger may happen( I called the narco invasion in November while you townies tried to hide the facts) I remind newcomers many real estate types have not had their backs in the past,report that many areas are not safe to drive at night,advise people the "condo rental fees will pay for the place" type stories are real estate scammer bullshit.Then after preforming this public service I have to read you crybaby chiselers ( some on the run from crimes,child support and bad debts in the states)get all pissed about the truth. As for you Bill,If you think there was something wrong with warning people about driving at night in sonoyta at this time I am ashamed of you.

jerry

What a balancing act.......I am of course an optimist which puts me at odds with the pessimist (jackass) but at the end of the day I feel that both sides should be able to contribute non hurtful post to the benefit of everyone that reads the blog or thread.

I feel that it has become increasingly easy to offer an opinion that is either offbase, off subject or so jerky that no one wants to read it. Then you have people leave the area, which makes the area less valuable.

Pick a way that works for the the blog or it will pick a way for you!

I will continue to watch. From afar with a beer in my hand -vayas con dios!
Wow it must have been quite the happy hour .....none of you guys really quit reading the forum and it will be good to read your thoughts on RP when you come back.

I may not have much credibility as I rarely post. I do read daily since 2007 . I have been in RP for 7 years as a 1/2 time resident in a condo complex. We do not rent our condo....actually cannot, but would not anyway. I always appreciate opinions and information. I have utilized restaurant reviews, tour recommendations, event promos, safety warnings. I really like to hear opinions from those who have been here for years before me. I sometimes dislike when people get into name calling and personal vindetas, but realize everyone doesent act like I would like.....doesn't discount their opinions. I would truly hate to have some old timers quit this forum as I value their thoughts and insight. I have gotten so much information here. I love to hear all info...even fishing, I love to eat it, but do not catch it. But so informative. Please do not quit the forum.

I may not have much credibility as I rarely post. I do read daily since 2007 . I have been in RP for 7 years as a 1/2 time resident in a condo complex. We do not rent our condo....actually cannot, but would not anyway. I always appreciate opinions and information. I have utilized restaurant reviews, tour recommendations, event promos, safety warnings. I really like to hear opinions from those who have been here for years before me. I sometimes dislike when people get into name calling and personal vindetas, but realize everyone doesent act like I would like.....doesn't discount their opinions. I would truly hate to have some old timers quit this forum as I value their thoughts and insight. I have gotten so much information here. I love to hear all info...even fishing, I love to eat it, but do not catch it. But so informative. Please do not quit the forum.
Well said, marjie. I , too, think that a truly useful, constructive forum is an open forum. Diversity of opinions and conduct gives it credibility and honesty, which I value over cheerleading. I love where intolerance is not tolerated.

I, too, enjoy the forums. Both sides. I describe it to my friends as a great place to learn about Rocky Point and to get color analysis from a few salty dogs.

But it does get a bit old to see personal attacks thrown in in almost every thread. Even in this thread, if you go back and read the comments you will see that most people share their thoughts, even disagreeing, without being disagreeable. But there is one person whose comments included another member's name along with a personal attack which was unrelated to the rest of the thread. I'm pretty sure that is what is what the title is referring to.

Perhaps the only way to "fix" the problem is for others to dilute the negativity with more posts about all the great things in RP. And not in an advertising/PR kind of way. Just people sharing their experiences so that others can make more informed choices.

Keep on talking... I'll be reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk