THREAD HI JERKING

jerry

ABQ. If you had been around this forum and the earlier one( destroyed by a booster type) you would know we were warning people about the coming condo crash and were insulted,threatened and ultimately silenced when the old forum was sold so no real news on the real estate market was available to the marks. if you are coming on strong on the forum use your real name.It also helps in evaluating informations.Mike is somehow tied to real estate interests.That might be of interest.As for Bill , he gives the finger in parting but does not say what was the straw that broke the camels back.
Plus the forum is tame compared to the bubble days and the Iraq war fights...... The best news of the year as an aside, no American casualties in Iraq and Afganistan last month......praise The Lord!

Reactions: ron

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The best news of the year as an aside, no American casualties in Iraq and Afganistan last month......praise The Lord!
In theater. Here at home? On average, 22 veterans commit suicide everyday. Very sad statistic. :( :( :(

GV Jack

Snorin God
Bill, I'm glad to see some post rant posts. Your insights are truly valued, and they scare the heck out of the fish.

Just my two cents. When I first came to Rocky Point I wasn't very impressed. My host knew very little about the place
and we pretty much hung out at the hotel. About two years later I had an opportunity to get an affordable rental
on the beach in Las Conchas. I happened to stumble across this forum and immediately learned some great info
about the place. This led to a more adventurous visit which also led to gaining some really good friends, both Mexican
and American.

Now, has the forum changed over this period? of course it has, and so have many other things. The beauty of it is, after
a period of time you can separate the wheat from the chaff. You learn who you want follow and who to ignore. I learn a
little something every day on here. As I have said before, everyone and every place has some warts. I probably lead the pack.
There are so many on here that have been around RP far longer than I (few have been around the block longer than I) and even
in some of their negativity there is something to be learned.

As far as negativity is concerned, the only thing going to stop me from going to Rocky Point is time or a bullet. As for the latter,
I will drive in the daytime, as for the former, I have no control over that. Stick around Bill, we need you.

I agree with Bill, all though there is alot of useful info on the forum. There are still too many people talking about stuff that isn't relevant to the thread, Yes I am guilty of contributing to a hijack here and there, but try my best to stay on subject. I posted awhile back about some members that don't get on any more because of this same subject. You have to watch what you say or put up with their sarcasm. I won't name any names????

jerry

Two guys have just finished three hours of racing round the cans in their clubs keelboats. They retire for a shower before going to the bar. As they are dressing one sees the other putting on a black lacy bra,panties suspender belt and stockings. "Good grief George- how long have you been wearing those!" "Ever since Mary found them under the chart table" George replied. Hijack!

I wholeheartedly agree that this forum has lost it's usefulness. This is the first time that I have weighed in a years. I notice that there are a dozen that are still here but many are gone. It use to be a place to get information about RP happenings. It then became mean spirited and just ran people away. Az Beach Boy is no longer on here, Mark Two Pecos does not seem to be here. I have nothing else to add. Just wanted to express a thought.

Roberto

This forum is only as useful as you, all of you, make a useful contribution. Problem is there are not many people who can make a useful contribution about what's happening here since most of the members are only occasional visitors. Posting an interesting question almost always gets a useful answer so why are there not a lot of questions?? Those of you complaining should review all the recent threads and I think you will find very few mean spirited posts. Yes it's true that one of the most read threads is annoying all those repetitive pictures of sunsets just really sets me off. Oh yes, there is an occasiona zinger, and I am as guilty as most for that, my odd sense of humor might be a problem. But point in fact is that GV DID get arrested and DID pay a fine and yes he has a few ugly warts !!
I'm not even sure who you all are fingering ?? Prolly Jerry who gets a lot of information that others do not and is willing to share and yes he has a few axes he likes to grind but all in all he is a positive contributor of information. Much more that the other 12,000 members !!!

As mentioned before, this forum used to rock and roll like a bunch of cats in a bag. Who remembers WALMART !!?? Talk about off topic posts. And Jerry's description of the change is accurate. I've been here since 2004 on the old forum and yes there might be fewer posts but a lot less head to head stuff. After a few tiffs Stuart has done a good job keeping the personal stuff under control.

So I say stop bit#$ing and start posting.

Two guys have just finished three hours of racing round the cans in their clubs keelboats. They retire for a shower before going to the bar. As they are dressing one sees the other putting on a black lacy bra,panties suspender belt and stockings. "Good grief George- how long have you been wearing those!" "Ever since Mary found them under the chart table" George replied. Hijack!
Jerry, You have alot of useful info if you could just put all the rest of your useless bullshit on another forum!!! GROW UP!!!

jerry

Jerry, You have alot of useful info if you could just put all the rest of your useless bullshit on another forum!!! GROW UP!!!
Vern as a favor to you I will change my ways.I will only post about the best shrimp prices,where to buy cheap plastic beads to lure 15 year old girls to expose themselves,why Walmart is a good citizen,where to buy cheap beer,tips on hooker rental rates and why now is the time to buy a condo. No more posts on police corruption,real estate scams,the disaster that is the homeport project,the dangers on the roads,the danger from Sicarios,the environmental issues facing the Sea of Cortez,the great natural places to visit outside of RP and no calling anyone on their manipulation of sunset photos.

Last edited:

Kenny

The big difference between the group we have now compared to the early day's is all the tight ass people with a vested interest who get in a tizzy over things from everyday life. You know, Republicans. ;)
Man I remember when all the RV's showed up on the big parking lot they put on Sandy beach and I was surpised to see that had come about, but hey, unlike this "new bunch" they sure knew how to have fun!:)

Let me know when it's a cold day in hell and then I might, no promises, change my ways.:D

Duck Kenny, duck!!

mis2810

I wholeheartedly agree that this forum has lost it's usefulness. This is the first time that I have weighed in a years. I notice that there are a dozen that are still here but many are gone. It use to be a place to get information about RP happenings. It then became mean spirited and just ran people away. Az Beach Boy is no longer on here, Mark Two Pecos does not seem to be here. I have nothing else to add. Just wanted to express a thought.
It's this type of thread that just burns me up. (Note: I said "type"). You "lurkers" come out of your hidey-holes once in a blue moon to throw mud at someone or something. Where are all of you in the meantime? What do YOU contribute? Why do the rest of us have to provide information to you and entertain you in the exact way you feel it is appropriate all the time? Maybe you should stop hiding and actually contribute something once in a while instead of waiting for someone to complaint and then poking your heads out and saying "Yeah!!!! What he said!!!".

Whether you like what they have to say or not, at least the people you're complaining about have the balls to put there names out there and post on a consistent basis - unlike the rest of you who only come out once in a blue moon to complain. If this forum is that BAD, then while are you still hanging around here lurking? Nothing better to do? If you don't like it move on. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to hear it all - the good and the bad about RP and the surrounding area. Anyone that only wants to hear the good stuff lives in a fantasy land where I chose not to live. Go start your own forum.

As for off-topic threads, we are a community here of humans. Conversations take different directions sometimes between people - is that so bad???? Is the Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shall not hi-jack a thread!" There is a button on your keyboard with a down arrow for you to "scroll". If you're reading what you think is nonsense, use that button until you find something that you feel is interesting.

Rant over - for now!

AZRob

It's this type of thread that just burns me up. (Note: I said "type"). You "lurkers" come out of your hidey-holes once in a blue moon to throw mud at someone or something. Where are all of you in the meantime? What do YOU contribute? Why do the rest of us have to provide information to you and entertain you in the exact way you feel it is appropriate all the time? Maybe you should stop hiding and actually contribute something once in a while instead of waiting for someone to complaint and then poking your heads out and saying "Yeah!!!! What he said!!!".

Whether you like what they have to say or not, at least the people you're complaining about have the balls to put there names out there and post on a consistent basis - unlike the rest of you who only come out once in a blue moon to complain. If this forum is that BAD, then while are you still hanging around here lurking? Nothing better to do? If you don't like it move on. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to hear it all - the good and the bad about RP and the surrounding area. Anyone that only wants to hear the good stuff lives in a fantasy land where I chose not to live. Go start your own forum.

As for off-topic threads, we are a community here of humans. Conversations take different directions sometimes between people - is that so bad???? Is the Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shall not hi-jack a thread!" There is a button on your keyboard with a down arrow for you to "scroll". If you're reading what you think is nonsense, use that button until you find something that you feel is interesting.

Rant over - for now!

I could not have put it any better than what you wrote Mis2810. Some people just live to agree to disagree.

Kenny

Some just prefer the warm and fuzzy la la land of Facebook where everyone's your friend, say only nice things about you, and pretend they give a hoot what you ate for breakfast.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Another excellent contribution from Mikeheadinthesand I mean Magic Mike. I mean Mikeinrockypoint. Very insightful! And congrats to Vern! Just made it onto my sh!t list.

Ha! I mean listen to some of these Donkeys hee hawing! No pos wow! We just made a thread about how threads get hi jacked and have nothing to do with anything. So now we're all contributing to a thread about thread problems. This is a part of the problem. I love the forum members that have a problem with the forum and the only real contribution they make is to call out others. No disrespect to Bill but sometimes I see him as just as much of a problem as others see some of us.

While back we had a new member asking about fishing. He gave specific questions regarding fishing. Where, When, How?!

Bill's response was, we stay in PDO spot 42 come by and have some dinner with us....

Personally I see that as a bigger offense than anything mentioned above.

In saying this, I'd never call out Bill or start a thread about the problems I see from others (Bill). I just read and laugh, doesn't personally effect me.

I do enjoy Bill's Jetski fishing reports and other relevant information.

I really hope that MikeHITS doesn't quit the forum since he provides us with so much insightful information. How could we ever replace that value?!

jerry

Thought this might be important enough to jerk thread...from Sonoyta. "
SONOYTA BORDER...A MINUTE AGO...COLOGNE PAPAGO AVENUES 10 AND 11, ARE HEARD DETONATIONS OF HEAVY WEAPONS...SHORTLY AFTER A GROUP OF 3 TRUCKS AT HIGH SPEED HEADING TOWARDS THIS SECTOR, WHERE DETONATIONS WERE HEARD PASSED THROUGH THE CHECKPOINT 5... WE REPORTED THERE IS STILL NO POLICE PRESENCE IN THE COLONY AFTER THE BLASTS...TAKE YOUR PRECAUTIONS...SONOYTA BORDER... (Translated by Bing)