Thunder update

Roberto

Well, what you see is what you get! There does not seem to be much protection for the crowds. Hope no one gets hurt.

garyd

I just drove by there at 11:45 AM today, Saturday and there were quite a few Vendors, tents and etc. but I only saw 2 cars. What time does it start?

R

reportjones

I just won race #2. I am beat! The track is extremely bumpy and my power steering went out on lap 223. My wrists are killing me. Preparing for race #3 right now. Hope my crew can get the steering fixed. I am going to go on a qucik ultralight flight while I wait. I want to get an aerial view of the crowds!

Kenny

It's apparently a secret as to what time it will start.

What kind of cars, street or race.

If you see the Jone's, tell him good luck for me.

R

reportjones

Lots of people in the stands. Carnival Cruise ship just docked in front of the Reef Bar and 100's of Japanese people are coming to land. Those Japanese sure are short. They wear white socks with their sandals. I went around telling them Kenny and I were the original trend starters with this sock/sandla combo. Nice!

Race 3 starts in 20 minutes. Trying to drink as much beer as I can before the race; don't want to become dehydrated. I certainly don't want to DryHeave during the race. Or is that DryHeat?

Thanks to whoever decided to bring the AZ Cardinal Cheerleaders down for the races. Nice touch!

I see the track crew laid asphalt down between races 2 and 3. Should make for a much smoother race.

Off to race #3. Please wish me luck. There are at least 50 cars lined up for this race. I am going to need all the help I can get to weave past the front runners and bring this baby home to mama!

Kenny

Real sprint cars are beast's, and anything that can happen will! Turn it up.[video=youtube;ce2SMtDdVZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2SMtDdVZU[/video]

R

reportjones

Okay, just watched Kenny's video and now I am scared. I am going to retire from this sport. It is too dangerous.

R

reportjones

Okay, I am in my car on lap 32 right now. I am in fourth place but quickly catching up to Danica Patrick. All guages look good. Track much smoother. Good looking lady in Section 33, Row 21, Seat 4. Love this iPad and special thanks to Lucas Oil for installing Wi-Fi at the track. I have to go.

Kenny

Good luck Jone's, and I hope your medication is on it's way.

I'm outa here, off to the Arizona Speedway. I'll be looking forward to any updates when I get home. If any cars get out on the track, any names of the drivers, or the # of the car would be appreciated.

Roberto

From Thunder Website:
$40,000 worth of vacations
$2,000 to win (Sprints)
$1,000 to win (mods)
$2,000 purse per day for mini and dwarfs

Well it looks like if there is only one vehicle entered that vehicle would get over $45,000 !!! I'm warmin up the Titan !!

Azchick

I just heard that the owner of the 97 car decided not to go. So the mystery of the entries still continues. Maybe they are going to surprise everyone with pictures, etc. later?

Terry C

Jones said they had wifi and I tried the internet access. No signal. I hope someone came down, he had to put alot of money into this I would think.

R

reportjones

I won, I won!

I took first place in all events! I just got the check for $45000. I am taking DryHeave and Kenny on a round the world cruise. Sorry DryHeat, we are getting our own cabins...no butt munchin' for me (LOL)!

Kenny for Rocky Point Mayor. You heard it here first. I just donated $40000 of my winnings to high campaign!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Word en la calle is that there were only 4 dwarf cars and only 2 big boys = 6 cars total. I did drive by as the race was happening and there were some people there but i dont think it close to what was expected or should I say ~~~~~PROJECTED~~~~! The ~~~~Palabra~~~~ is that there might not be another race. Over under 6 months = UNDER

R

reportjones

Wow. Had some of the chili burros from one of the vendors at the race. I had my own "Thunder" this morning. My poopoo is on fire!