Thunder update

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
OK Kenny here you go. The town has been very busy for the last few weekends so I am delayed in updates. here are a few pics of the construction of the track. We are 1 month and a week away from the first race and things are going well. The d-8 tractor is pushing the bank down into a seating area. Look at the views for this track, I think it will be one of the prettiest when it is finished but that is a personal opinion. DSCN0064.jpg DSCN7826.jpg Thunder office.jpg DSCN7825.jpg DSCN7833.jpg Corner 1.jpg DSCN0061.jpg

Last edited:

jerry

Wow looks like I'm going to be eating Crow (tastes like Chicken) i would have bet a grand you couldn't get enough of the drivers and crews across the border to have a race being as as most of them suffer from Fox news Poisoning.

Kenny

I'm going to post this thread on Robbie's http://abcteam.websitetoolbox.com/ Message board, and lets see what some of the people in the AZ racing community think about it. I spent 2 day's at the track in Tucson this weekend, and I've got to tell ya Russ, this seems to be a better kept secret than where Kadafi's hiding out at. Again, just give us a name of one or two sprint car drivers/teams that will be there, or a sanctioning body that's going to run the show. OK, try this. Any name from any of the types of cars you say will be there would be a start.

Kenny

So much for the poster with the 45X winged car on it... Oh well, I know those NMMRA guy's are always looking for a place to race, and the 45X doe's take the wing off to run with them; but it's still not on anyone's schedule. http://www.nmmra.com/index.php

Kenny

Maybe Leland will come out of retirement and drive it, he has a place just around the corner. Would that be a 360, 410, or open comp engine? Who owns it, and who drove it last, or is that TBA as well?:notme:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Cholla Bay.jpg"Hey Kevin,
the word down in Cholla bay is that this is going to be a points race for you guy's; but I'll have to admit, the guy's did smell a little fishy.
"

Everything smells fishy in Cholla this time of year Kenny.....theres a bit of heat and a ton of clam divers......lol the fact is though its all good!

Kenny

View attachment 3418"Hey Kevin,
the word down in Cholla bay is that this is going to be a points race for you guy's; but I'll have to admit, the guy's did smell a little fishy.
"

Everything smells fishy in Cholla this time of year Kenny.....theres a bit of heat and a ton of clam divers......lol the fact is though its all good!
By the way, if you take something that I've posted on another forum and bring it over here, no one, and apparently even you is going to know what it's all about Russ, but maybe if you said where it came from it would help, or not..

Last edited:

Kenny

Kenny, it is a 360 we won the last wing show at canyon.
That might explain why I don't know the car.:p Would that be the car that won with Pelkey and was disqualified, or the one RJ was driving? Or was that even the last winged race there?
So, are you going to take the barn door off the top of it just for this race in Mexico, or have they seen the light, so to speak.:grin:

On a serious note, what's the payout? I don't know off any team, especialy a winged car, that would haul there stuff down to Mexico for a non wing race unless they knew what the payout was, or they were getting show up money. What one of the two is it?:think:

Last edited:

Azchick

Can someone clear up if this October race is a wing or non-wing show? The first flyer had pics of winged sprints and the latest one shows non-wing sprints. With it being only a month away, details are sure missing. Who is sanctioning it? What rules will they have in place? Payout thru 10th place would be nice to know since they are saying 80 cars of one type or another are committed to being there. There is a non-wing race scheduled for that weekend at the new ET Motorpark. I know several Az teams will be running there.

shilo

Kenny, it is the car R.J. drove, i run it with out a wing all the time.
azchick, it will be a non wing show, like the race at e.t. (open comp)
according to promoter (bob livingston) it will pay 3000.00 to win and
300.00 to start.

Kenny

300.00 to start.
Did you ever take the wing off and run at Arizona Speedway? I was at all three, but my memory is not as good as it once was.:think:OK, I have it now, and now I think I know who's posting..Me bad.
You ran 6th with RJ at the last race at ET, Arizona Speedway.

Last edited:

Azchick

So Shilo, I guess you won't be running the next ET show then. I hope you have a great time and that everyone that goes is safe and has a good time.

Azchick

300.00 to start.

The flyer says $2000 to win and doesn't say how much to start.

Roberto

Hey Russ, got the information below from a Coldwell mass mailing. Did you write it? Lots of new details in it that I have not seen here, maybe I missed them. Are they accurate? 4 Divisions and 80 cars, wow. Also saw that you are selling advertising! With the thousands of people expected you might get some good local action. What are you selling and what are the rates?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]From Coldwell Banker mass e-mailing:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As if there isn't already enough to do here in October, the good folks at Thunder Racing have added a sprint car race to the agenda. This will be the first of many races and events to be sponsored by Thunder Racing and the Sonoran Resorts. Details are still coming in but the race will be held just outside The Reef RV park at Sandy Beach. It is on the ocean side of the road to Cholla Bay. You can't miss the big hole in the ground that is being transformed into a 1/3 mile banked dirt track. I passed by there a few days ago and they seem to be making some good progress.

This first event is being called the Fall Classic and there will be 4 divisions involved in the event, Sprint Cars, USRA Modifieds, Mini Sprints and Dwarf Cars. They anticipate close to 80 cars to participate in the event.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tickets cost $15.00 (or 150 mx pesos) and kids under 10 are free. Food and beverages will be available at the track. Passes for the pit area will also be available as well as VIP Seating with private food and drink vendors for you high rollers. Check out their [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Facebook page [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]for more information and details as they emerge. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]...."There are advertising opportunities to highlight your business to the thousands who are coming to this event. Space is limited; to find out more contact Russ Black at Penasco Recreation. Local call: 638-113-4591
[/FONT]