Thunder update

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jerry, we do not have a feud. Happy has a problem. Happy or Jack as he is known has threatened me, my wife and my son with physical harm and I do not take that very well. I have never met him and I dont know why he is so angry with me (us) I do not know what his deal is, I do not know who he is but I do not care for his type. Please do not bunch me in with him in any conversation regarding anything. Love him or hate him thats up to you. I have nothing to do with it!
There is a reason he has been banned from here and virtually every other forum he appears on the Internet. That would be that he makes a total ass of himself and spews hate and discontent at other forum members. He's currently waging a hate mail campaign against me with his typical bullcrap to any of you that will actually listen. Do yourself a favor and block his email address as I did; you'll be a lot happier for it in the long run. As for me personally? Sticks and stones and name calling from a troll don't bother me. I honestly feel sorry that any person can be that sad and angry. It's a shame he's not getting the help he needs.

AZ ROB

Already done.. Last thing I need is to open an e-mail full of fear mongering and hate.. I get enough of that when I read the news.

Azchick

I had an idea pop into my head today...Has anyone considered using the new track or modifying it for RZR or ATV type racing? We have thought about racing our RZR's just for fun and there isn't nearly as much cost involved there as with say a Sprint car team. I see the Dwarf cars are listed. They put on a good show. What about bombers? They are pretty fun to watch as well.

AZ ROB

Azchick I was in racing for many years and most of the bomber drivers that I talk to as well as Superstock drivers A) dont have the money B)don't have a trailer that will even go that far C) dont have a truck to tow a trailer and car that far.. This race will be an expensive endeavor for any team who wants to come down. I had a mod lite lined up for the race but they aren't running them but running dwarfs instead.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
AZCHICK, The track is a permanent fixture, as permanent as a dirt track can be. The track will be available for other events outside of what Bob L the owner has lined up. So the idea of having RZR events is valid and something that we have talked about. Anything that will draw the crowd is good for the track. Post your ideas and lets get something worked out.

I had an idea pop into my head today...Has anyone considered using the new track or modifying it for RZR or ATV type racing? We have thought about racing our RZR's just for fun and there isn't nearly as much cost involved there as with say a Sprint car team. I see the Dwarf cars are listed. They put on a good show. What about bombers? They are pretty fun to watch as well.
RZR, Rhinos and other UTV's have been racing offroad for years. In both long course and short course offroad racing. The Febuary race scheduled at Thunder is a short course offroad race. They have serveral classes for UTV, from stock to PRO Modified.

Roberto

I for one, hope there are adequate saftey measures, inspection of vehicles, and medical on site. We don't need another black eye from needless deaths. The track owner is going to want a return on investment but I hope that does not mean opening the track to a bunch of intoxicated ATV drivers. Is there a regulating agency for this stuff here in Mexico.

jerry

I don't know ...It might be sort of interesting if each rider and fan had to do a shot after each lap..
I for one, hope there are adequate saftey measures, inspection of vehicles, and medical on site. We don't need another black eye from needless deaths. The track owner is going to want a return on investment but I hope that does not mean opening the track to a bunch of intoxicated ATV drivers. Is there a regulating agency for this stuff here in Mexico.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Roberto, I am not the owner of Thunder Raceway but I have this to say about your question. One race does not a race track make. Bob is installing miles of fencing and US safety (self edit) standards are in place. The racers that are coming from the States are professionals and want to do things the right way. Bob the owner and beneficiary of a good race wants to make sure that the thousands of dollars being invested in this facility are not wasted because of a needless death or even injury due to lack of oversight! I appreciate your conscience in this matter. Buy your ticket, come to the race, and enjoy yourself in a beautiful surrounding and the excitement of fast cars going in circles. The rest is under control.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
What happens when the winds start whipping through in January and February and the track is covered in sand drift like every other street in RP?!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
What happens when the winds start whipping through in January and February and the track is covered in sand drift like every other street in RP?!
The hole for the marina has been there for years and has never had sand dunes in it so why should it change now? The reef rv park protects it from the sea side and the big sand dunes that run down away from it to the desert normally dont move toward the sea, it is fairly protected.

And Joe not every street is covered in sand dunes in Jan and Feb, mine gets smoother when the wind blows so its not all bad..........

Good luck to all the teams going to the race.

We have, offroad desert racers, having been racing in Mexico for years. The biggest shock US sprint car teams will get is the border BS you have to go thru. The worst thing is the equipment manifest required for large haulers...ie Semi's and large toters. They are required to have a complete inventory of everything being carried across the border...and account for everything when returning to the US.

Take my advice...leave your semi's at home and just use flat trailers or small enclosed trailers. Its not worth the hassle.

Landshark

Very cool to see this race track becoming a reality. Too many times circle tracks are abandoned or bulldozed, signaling the end of an era. Dirt track racing is an American tradition that needs public support so it does not go the way of the drive-in theater. A big thanks to Bob Livingston and crew for having the cojones to build this track in the middle of our tough economic times, and in Rocky Point, Mexico...who would have ever thought it possible!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Good luck to all the teams going to the race.

We have, offroad desert racers, having been racing in Mexico for years. The biggest shock US sprint car teams will get is the border BS you have to go thru. The worst thing is the equipment manifest required for large haulers...ie Semi's and large toters. They are required to have a complete inventory of everything being carried across the border...and account for everything when returning to the US.

Take my advice...leave your semi's at home and just use flat trailers or small enclosed trailers. Its not worth the hassle.
The manifest thing is very general in nature. I agree thought that I would travel light as possible but should not be a problem bringing your big rig with cars and tools as it has all been spelled out on this end. The border patrol in Mexico has been working very closely with Bob and the crew already here to make all of this very seamless. I will post the outcome of tomorrows meeting regarding fuel and other areas of concern

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The radio ads for Thunder on the beach start Saturday the first of October. They will run in English and Spanish and they sound good. You guys have to listen in during Rocky Point Ramblings and try to figure out who voiced the spot for them in English. Rosie you cant play cause you know who it is already.

Heres the commercial to listen to Thunder Radio

Last edited:
This is a letter Bob Livingston sent to participant and would be participants today!

View attachment 3503
This brings a chuckle to me....remember all the questions I kept asking about fuel???....and the responses that I got that fuel would be available from a distributor? I got the same info when I spoke to Bob Livingston...that he had a distributor lined up to bring in fuel! I can understand that there would be a problem with determining how much fuel to bring in...depending on the type of vehicles, and how many actually entered!

Now the letter is indicating that the racers would be permitted to bring in 55 gallons per race vehicle. I really hope that happens...but as always with the Mexican customs people, I am skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it!!!