TIP for RP/PP or Lobos

SunDevil

Sorry to have to ask this question as I am sure it has been asked and answered before but I was not able to find any info on it.

Is a TIP necessary to take a boat down to RP or Lobos? Just going down and back over a long weekend and not leaving the boat down there.

Thanks for the help. Chris.

SunDevil

it is nice. getting new tires on it Saturday. heading down a week from tomorrow. hopefully it will not be to windy and we can get on some spring YTs. looks like it is going to blow pretty good on Tuesday. 21 mph with 5 ft waves.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
No Joke... To Jerry, you listen. Semana Santa in Puerto Lobos is crazy, and sometimes it spills over into the week after Easter as well....

Kelney

What you all talking about, that looks like a party to me. As long as they are not a bunch of North Nogales fans, SD will be living large. Although I would maybe consider mooring off shore if you want to get some sleep...

and you will not be able to launch any where as they park at all the ramps. You won't be doing much fishing unless you get there Thursday and leave your boat in the water with you in it . They will be drunk and take your boat out for a joy ride. also you won't be able to leave until Monday morning,Leigh

SunDevil

well I am heading down on Thursday. we shall see how busy it is. my buddy who has owned a house down there for years and years was down there last weekend. they left on Sunday and he said people were just starting to show up but Thurs - Sat were fine. he also said come the day after Easter, it will be back to it's quiet little self. thanks for the warning. one thing is for sure, I am not going to block out 3 weekends in a row out of April to "avoid" Lobos because of Semana Santa week/weekend.

You'll be fine. After going down the last two Semana Santas ,I would go the following week. It is very clean as the lions club from Caborca comes down and picks up all the garbage through out the town. Actually you will have the place to yourself and peace and quite. I thought you were going down this weekLeigh

Last edited:

SunDevil

Leigh, do you own a house down there? as I stated previously, I will be down from Thurs to Sun next week and would like to meet as many people with ties to Lobos as possible. I know 4 people with houses in Lobos. Tom, Ted, Mason and John. Let me know and thanks. Chris.

jerry

Google Desemboque Sonora. News
and read the gunbattle story..think just off the coastal highway
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.elsoldecaborca.info/&prev=/search?q=caborca+del+sol&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en. Anyone missing their blue F-250?

So my buddy tels me one gang put up a road block on the coastal south of Desemboque about 5 pm. yesterday with maybe 40 armed men.They were throwing people to the ground and looking for members of another gang that was headed to Lobos.A bit later the cops show up and have run in with some dead Enders...who get away magically....scary

Last edited:
Check out the white house 300 yards to the south east of the lighthouse and let me know if it is still standing and no one has moved in .That would be mine Leigh
Jerry , that doesn't sound good

I have a friend that has a house next to Mason . Tony and DeAnn. Also when you are there ask at the store for a guy named Quitla. He'll make you some awesome scallops on the shell. Also Tony might be down that week also . He's there right now and catches a bunch of yellowtail . Leigh

jerry

I have a friend that has a house next to Mason . Tony and DeAnn. Also when you are there ask at the store for a guy named Quitla. He'll make you some awesome scallops on the shell. Also Tony might be down that week also . He's there right now and catches a bunch of yellowtail . Leigh
Quitla
quit la at work.......
image.jpg

Google Desemboque Sonora. News
and read the gunbattle story..think just off the coastal highway
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.elsoldecaborca.info/&prev=/search?q=caborca+del+sol&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en. Anyone missing their blue F-250?

So my buddy tels me one gang put up a road block on the coastal south of Desemboque about 5 pm. yesterday with maybe 40 armed men.They were throwing people to the ground and looking for members of another gang that was headed to Lobos.A bit later the cops show up and have run in with some dead Enders...who get away magically....scary
Jerry where do you get all this info?