TIP for RP/PP or Lobos

SunDevil

were you in the black ford dually pulling a center console with twin outboards? passed you heading north between lobos and desemboque. looked like a lady was driving. did you fish in lobos on sunday? how did you do. it blew like CRAZY on Friday and then was worse on Saturday. Unbelievable!!!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Yes, that was us, and it must have been a damn ugly lady... she was a sun-beaten, 45 year old bald dude LOL

Or, maybe what you saw was Dave's big fancy hat in the back seat.... :rolleyes:

Sunday was rough, but fishable - we caught about 30 yellows (nothing bigger than 10 pounds) and a bazillion gold spotted bass

Monday was supposed to be flat according to the forecast, but it only lasted until 9am. After that it was actually rougher than Sunday- We caught 30 more yellows up to 20 pounds (even got into a several surface frenzies) and a few Sardineros.

Last edited:
Yes, that was us, and it must have been a damn ugly lady... she was a sun-beaten, 45 year old bald dude LOL

Or, maybe what you saw was Dave's big fancy hat in the back seat.... :rolleyes:

Sunday was rough, but fishable - we caught about 30 yellows (nothing bigger than 10 pounds) and a bazillion gold spotted bass

Monday was supposed to be flat according to the forecast, but it only lasted until 9am. After that it was actually rougher than Sunday- We caught 30 more yellows up to 20 pounds (even got into a several surface frenzies) and a few Sardineros.
Any size to the sardies Robert? Surface yellows sounds like a blast! I'm jealous.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
The sardies were small (largest might have been 5 pounds).

We need to get a trip pulled together, Kim-

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Have a local friend that has friends who have family members in the game......

This is why I was a little hesitant to be driving inland 30 miles to Y Griega to get gas and then on to Lobos ALONE! and then coming back in the dark at 8pm at night!!!!!!!!!!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
it is nice. getting new tires on it Saturday.

HAHAHAHAHA -

Another cost of fishing down in Lobos. - trailer wear and tear.

This from two weeks ago:

Let's see- that makes:

1) One fender
2) 2 taillights
3) 2 HUGE gouges in the gelcoat on the nose of the boat
4) 4 separated tires (Discount Tire road-hazard replacement contracts are MANDATORY for mexico boat trailers, lol)
5) 2 brake lines

All over the past year - just from those accursed dirt road sections going in and out of Lobos.

The fishing must obviously be worth it, LOL