Toy friendly neighborhoods

Looking for a house and was hoping to see if costa diamante is atv, buggy friendly between the garage and sand. Las conchas looks nice but i do not want to tralier the quads to sandy beach every time we want to go riding. Seems like costa diamante or cholla bay are best toy friendly areas.

Hey Real.........

They are all going ape-shit crazy over the off-road toys on the beach, on their dirt roads ,etc, etc. Seems that now that they have their little piece of paradise they want it to be just like the gated communities in downtown Scottsdale. They very reason they even came here to begin with is now something they do not want to ever see again. The Los Conchas "SECURITY" will follow you around like you're some kind of crime just waiting to happen. In their off-road red Jeeps and quads of course.

JJ

Roberto

While they cannot be used on the beach, Las conchas has a huge expanse of sand dunes interlaced with many trails. It is five miles from the guard gate to the end of the peninsula. North of the main street all the way to the highway to Caborca. is open. You can easily go around to the Ostione on the north side of the peninsula. Lots of up and down sand hills and opportunities to kill yourself with careless driving. There may be some requirement for non residents but residents have open use. The guards regularly patrol the area mostly as a safety factor for stranded ATV and accidents. All OK on the community streets as well with , I think , a license plate. I also see them at the tip of the peninsula right on the beach near Tessoro.

Yeah i know the days of parking on the beach in front of the reef are gone, but in general isnt the area between cholla and comp hill and all north of the condo row still best area for quads? Just got a diff vibe near las conchas there were not many owners with toys, maybe im wrong i dont know.

Yeah i know the days of parking on the beach in front of the reef are gone, but in general isnt the area between cholla and comp hill and all north of the condo row still best area for quads? Just got a diff vibe near las conchas there were not many owners with toys, maybe im wrong i dont know.
Pretty much, locally as you said, every time I tried to ride to the estuary at far end of LC,
the LC security harassed us. Stopped going 10 years ago.

Comp Hill area, Condo's north of the Cholla road and areas around Playa Bonita are places to ride ATV's and off road vehicles.
Used to be able to ride along the beach to Black Mtn. but Laguna Shores development messed that up.

Sure miss the days of getting on the beach and riding from the Reef to almost the fish market and riding north past Black Mtn. as far as our ATV gas tanks would allow.
Every trip was beautifully different.

That's Progress.:hypno:

jerry

image.jpeg Santo Tomas is open..but if you drive belt snaps below high tide line 13 miles north....you better have a running partner

Last edited:
Yep, miss those days also, but now that I have a place on Encanto it's nice to have the peace and quiet instead of atvs and side by sides buzzing up and down all day long. Still get an occasional renegade though.... :arrr:
And aside from the noise, it's also not so bad to retain a pristine beach -- turtle-friendly, toddler-friendly, heron-friendly, fresh-air friendly -- that isn't torn up by tire ruts. . .

Agree that there are those who putter respectfully down the beach, leaving only "gentle tire tracks," and those fly by on the back wheels. The road behind the beach-front homes provides a great option as well.

We used to ride from Cholla unimpeded across sandy beach to eat Chinese food at El Senorial Hotel and restaurant and get up the next morning and ride for miles north of Black mountain. When I first bought in Miramar the last 4-5 miles of the beach were not used (where the Mayan rests now) and we had a lifetime of riding there. Riding from El Desemboque to Puerto Lobos and beyond is fun also. The ride to El Golfo is still pretty good but for great rides the west side of the Sea of Cortez is a lot less developed. Hard to stop "progress" and I don't know if I will ever get the chance to ride on a beach for miles with no sign of human habitation again but cherish that I had the opportunity to do so.

jerry

We used to ride from Cholla unimpeded across sandy beach to eat Chinese food at El Senorial Hotel and restaurant and get up the next morning and ride for miles north of Black mountain. When I first bought in Miramar the last 4-5 miles of the beach were not used (where the Mayan rests now) and we had a lifetime of riding there. Riding from El Desemboque to Puerto Lobos and beyond is fun also. The ride to El Golfo is still pretty good but for great rides the west side of the Sea of Cortez is a lot less developed. Hard to stop "progress" and I don't know if I will ever get the chance to ride on a beach for miles with no sign of human habitation again but cherish that I had the opportunity to do so.
Did your friends ever do that hike from North of Keno to Lobos.