Toy friendly neighborhoods

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
They could die according to the Kino Research Station guy!
I agree. I tried to impress upon them the dangers regarding the weather, lack of water and the terrain not mention the likely bad guys they will encounter.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Suicidal............

That is the area we talked about a few days ago, the private hunting grounds and secret dope launching coves for Los Sicaros de Sonora. Now more dangerous than ever with the Sonora turf wars in full bloom and El Chapo incarcerated.

I'm working on a fabulous read as I write, "The Wilderness of the Southwest" by Charles Sheldon 1922. That coastal mountain strip known as the Sierra Seri has always had some serious bad vibes, especially when the Seri Indians were in control of it. No Mexican or white man hardly ever made it through there even up to the 1940's when the Mexican Army had to finally route them out of there and from their hideout on Isla Tiburon.

In those days there were Mule Deer, White Tailed Deer, Desert Bighorns, Jaguars and Mountain Lions there, probably still are.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
The spider holes up to 50 foot deep gold mining holes the Spanish forced Indian slaves to dig are up in the mountains to the east...a boy of girl on a rope could still make a buck if they could get back out..

jerry

Well Known Member
The spider holes up to 50 foot deep gold mining holes the Spanish forced Indian slaves to dig are up in the mountains to the east...a boy of girl on a rope could still make a buck if they could get back out..
Also kayakers going around Tiburon were stoned again a few months ago...didn't buy local souvenirs and the shit hit the fan

Roberto

Well Known Member
Suicidal............

That is the area we talked about a few days ago, the private hunting grounds and secret dope launching coves for Los Sicaros de Sonora. Now more dangerous than ever with the Sonora turf wars in full bloom and El Chapo incarcerated.

I'm working on a fabulous read as I write, "The Wilderness of the Southwest" by Charles Sheldon 1922. That coastal mountain strip known as the Sierra Seri has always had some serious bad vibes, especially when the Seri Indians were in control of it. No Mexican or white man hardly ever made it through there even up to the 1940's when the Mexican Army had to finally route them out of there and from their hideout on Isla Tiburon.

In those days there were Mule Deer, White Tailed Deer, Desert Bighorns, Jaguars and Mountain Lions there, probably still are.

JJ
HEY, load me that book when you are through !! I'll trade a copy of Lumholtz map for a loan. Por Favor .

Roberto

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Roberto..........

I found my copy online, a used library copy that had never been checked out for $4.19! Do a little search and you will see them all the way up to $375.00. Thanks for the offer on the "New Trails in Mexico" Lumholtz map but I already have one in my 1912 first edition. That map is fascinating, especially the then non-existant Puerto Penasco, only a thing called Sea Lion Bluff (Whale Hill) surrounded by a salt marsh.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Hands down toy friendly neighborhood tolerance test today....maybe 50 kids with 20 motor powered vehicles...2cycle motors...yes....the old man that used to yell at me for riding my bike on his lawn must be laughing at me from the grave...