Triger fish

I went out yesterday afternoon in an inner tube float with fins for propulsion. I was out about 600 ft in front of Plya De Oro with a piece of rock bass for bait. When I came back I had 12 nice trigers and had thrown back about 15 rock bass. My lap was full as I took no other way to contain them. The next time we come down I will be bringing my inflatable so I don't get so cold. It just goes to show you don't have to have a big boat here.

A

azbeachboy

Bill,
I like to start out in my shark doughnut down by Manny's. I work my way to the point and float back home. The corvina action can be really good around the point.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Sharks love doughnuts. Especially when there's things dangling in the water from them. :lol:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
BWA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dmcauley

A lot of people never buy a boat for this reason- Trigger is really good tablefare but many of us have just gotten sick of the lack of challenge and gone on to bigger and better fishing. The corvina this time of year are really thick and are excellent fighters on light gear :boat: :boat:

B

bahiatrader

I've seen sharks in the Sea of Cortez twice while snorkeling that I thought were big enough to think of me as prey. I was above them, and they looked at least twice as long as me. It gave me the absolute Heebie Jeebies! They evidently weren't interested in my unmoving (frozen with fear?) seal-like form, and just moved off. I found a different place to dive both times. I love to go in the ocean whenever I'm down there, but I always think about those sharks. Call me chicken, but I don't know if I'd want to go out in a tube with my legs dangling down like something on a gigantic fish lure. Cluck, cluck, cluck...

One thing is the water is getting cold enough that the only danglers were the legs. That is why the inflateable goes down next time. :D

Hi Don
I think it is about 10 ft and will handle a 9.9 eng. It has an inflatable and hard bottom. It is called a Sea Rogue. Hi quality unit. I think for nowI will be using the oars.