TRUMP Threatens to close US Mexico Border

TICO-T

Well Known Member
This a flat out political message which is not allowed. From a very silly person. Silly is permitted.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Hooch needs to be house trained. He's smelling up the place.

Last edited:

Landshark

Well Known Member
Been pretty quiet around here...well, here we go...
Trump sending 5200 US troops to “harden” the US border, in addition to the 2000 National Guard already deployed. Gonna be a good old-fashioned Mexican stand-off...you know...nobody wins...

Kenny

Well Known Member
Been pretty quiet around here...well, here we go...
Trump sending 5200 US troops to “harden” the US border, in addition to the 2000 National Guard already deployed. Gonna be a good old-fashioned Mexican stand-off...you know...nobody wins...
Fox News’ Shepard Smith debunks Trump’s migrant caravan rhetoric: ‘There is no invasion’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fox-news-shepard-smith-debunks-trumps-migrant-caravan-rhetoric-there-is-no-invasion-2018-10-29

Roberto

Well Known Member
Just read about the "Irish Invasion" and how the Irish were vilified as subhuman. There have been several "immigrant invasions' and each wave breathed new life into the US economy and society. The new invasionistias ought to get a free weekend at one of you know who's resorts.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Fox News’ Shepard Smith debunks Trump’s migrant caravan rhetoric: ‘There is no invasion’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fox-news-shepard-smith-debunks-trumps-migrant-caravan-rhetoric-there-is-no-invasion-2018-10-29
The word “invasion” is of course the key here, obviously used by design for a reason we can’t discuss on our forum any longer. It is, in my opinion, an inappropriate word to use as most people will think of definition number 1 when in reality definition number 2 is accurate. Dirty deal in my book.... wait, can I say that??
in·va·sion
noun
1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
2. an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
3. an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Just read about the "Irish Invasion" and how the Irish were vilified as subhuman. There have been several "immigrant invasions' and each wave breathed new life into the US economy and society. The new invasionistias ought to get a free weekend at one of you know who's resorts.
They are gonna get a free stay at a Trump tent city resort.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
The word “invasion” is of course the key here, obviously used by design for a reason we can’t discuss on our forum any longer. It is, in my opinion, an inappropriate word to use as most people will think of definition number 1 when in reality definition number 2 is accurate. Dirty deal in my book.... wait, can I say that??
in·va·sion
noun
1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
2. an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
3. an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.
Actually you can make the argument that all 3 definitions are accurate in this case.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Actually you can make the argument that all 3 definitions are accurate in this case.
Very true however in an environment of which we are no longer permitted to discuss number one would be considered fear-mongering and I believe that is most people’s perception of the word.

tndr_cpl

I spoke to a friend who is in a fairly high position with US Customs and Border Protection. He told me a couple things that I do not think are political but more factual. 1-In the unlikely event the border is "closed" all US citizens with proper documentation will be allowed back into the US, it is possible there could be some delays. 2- It is not foreseen that the entire border will be "closed". It is anticipated that should a closure be ordered it would take place at specific locations. 3- As of now (Oct 28) it is not anticipated that Lukeville would be one of the specified locations 4- As of now (Oct 28) there has been no notification from the Mexican government that they are planning to close the border going in to Mexico. 5- Per US law any military troupes sent to the border would not be used in a policing or border enforcement role except in those specific situations allowed by the law. Military troupes would be used in support roles freeing up US CBP for required enforcement duties. I hope this was helpful. I do admit I have fairly strong feeling about this whole thing but they are better expressed elsewhere :)

TheBigWhit

Sausage King!
For those comparing these modern day invasions to previous Irish and Italian immigrant waves there are a few distinctions.

1) The people were brought in a controlled manner to a designated US location (Ellis Island) where papers and health were checked. Those found to be ill were quarantined, treated and in some cases returned to their home country,

2) none of them were burning the American flag on the way in,

3) none were waving the flag of their home country as they tried to enter the US,

4) all were proud of their new host country and strived to become American,

5) none isolated themselves in to their own areas and demanded their home language become the official US language,

There are a few Dozen more distinct differences between then And now but I’ll stop as I’m not intending to inflame anyone here but just clarify there is a huge difference.

Kenny

Well Known Member
For those comparing these modern day invasions to previous Irish and Italian immigrant waves there are a few distinctions.

1) The people were brought in a controlled manner to a designated US location (Ellis Island) where papers and health were checked. Those found to be ill were quarantined, treated and in some cases returned to their home country,

3) none were waving the flag of their home country as they tried to enter the US,

5) none isolated themselves in to their own areas and demanded their home language become the official US language,

There are a few Dozen more distinct differences between then And now but I’ll stop as I’m not intending to inflame anyone here but just clarify there is a huge difference.
STFU

Roberto

Well Known Member

Your distinctions are fascinating. Please share more. Thank you.