Tucson Airport Interested

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Tucson International Airport has sent out a survey to find out what the Tucson to Sonora flights should look like. It wont be long folks. Things are looking good! SURVEY

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I just got back from a meeting about this Airline. It will do trips from Tucson to Puerto Penasco and back to Tucson, Tucson to Hermosillo and back to Tucson, Tucson to Obregon and back to Tucson. This is not a loop trip it is straight there and back.

If you have any interest of flying from Penasco to Tucson to points beyond or from Tucson here, please fill out the survey. The plane is a 30 passenger, it should be very easy to fill once or twice a week. The more responses they get to their survey the better chance of this thing getting off the ground so to speak.

I just got back from a meeting about this Airline. It will do trips from Tucson to Puerto Penasco and back to Tucson, Tucson to Hermosillo and back to Tucson, Tucson to Obregon and back to Tucson. This is not a loop trip it is straight there and back.

If you have any interest of flying from Penasco to Tucson to points beyond or from Tucson here, please fill out the survey. The plane is a 30 passenger, it should be very easy to fill once or twice a week. The more responses they get to their survey the better chance of this thing getting off the ground so to speak.
Russ, I'm impressed. The meeting was still in process and we were discussing how to get the word out, I get into this forum and you've already got it posted! Wow...Laura and Javier are equally impressed. Were you at the meeting? They were going to contact you, so I guess they didn't realize you were there. I hope everyone will pass the link on and get as many people as possible to take the survey.

Good job.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ, I'm impressed. The meeting was still in process and we were discussing how to get the word out, I get into this forum and you've already got it posted! Wow...Laura and Javier are equally impressed. Were you at the meeting? They were going to contact you, so I guess they didn't realize you were there. I hope everyone will pass the link on and get as many people as possible to take the survey.

Good job.
I had coffee with Javier and Laura when he called you.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The link will be featured on our photo of the week as well. It already appears in some of our facebook pages that we control. I want this to be a reality!

beachlover56

Stuck in the Midwest
Reading the survey makes it sound like it's only for businesses with employees who need business travel - not individuals. Am I wrong in my interpretation? Hope so!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The survey is probably written for groups that travel or travel agents but these flights are most certainly for individuals. Heres a piece that Dan Marries did last night on Tucson news and if you read the text after watching the video you will get a lot of details KOLD TUCSON TO PENASCO

AZ ROB

LJ Tucson is the first International Airport when you get to U.S. Airspace it is required they stop there per F.A.A. rules.(they could stop in Nogales but I dont think they can handle the volume). Then they could continue on to Phx.. If it was a larger carrier they would have no problem getting to Phx Sky Harbor but with a plane holding 30 people it will be a to expensive to land and use the facilities in Phx. But a puddle jump from Tucson to say Glendale would work... But if you figure the time involved to go from Phx to Tucson go thru security board the plane fly to Penasco go thru security again wait for a cab and get to your destination I will be sitting on the beach drinking a beer.

Roberto

Sorry, but my sense is that air travel is not the best way to boost US customers coming to Penasco. I would try to get the cooperation of all of the RV storage facilities to send out a special invitation to all the storage RV owners with a collection of special offers and discounts from local businesses and maybe a free 2 night stay at the park. Look around and see all the RV's in storage. Those are the people who built the tourism business here and I think are the best shot to get the ball rolling again. They have all been here and probably have lots of fond memories. Forget the high end luxury stuff. Folks who can affor air fare want Cancun or Hawaii.

El Gato

Sorry, but my sense is that air travel is not the best way to boost US customers coming to Penasco. I would try to get the cooperation of all of the RV storage facilities to send out a special invitation to all the storage RV owners with a collection of special offers and discounts from local businesses and maybe a free 2 night stay at the park. Look around and see all the RV's in storage. Those are the people who built the tourism business here and I think are the best shot to get the ball rolling again. They have all been here and probably have lots of fond memories. Forget the high end luxury stuff. Folks who can affor air fare want Cancun or Hawaii.
If they keep the rates reasonable I think there are quite a few people who would like flights down here - not to mention our kids, grandkids and friends. From Vegas it is a long, tiring drive and when one only has a long weekend it basically isn't doable. But if they can hop on a plane and be picked up at the airport, within an hour or two they are laying on the beach enjoying a Corona, etc. they will come. Much easier, faster and less expensive then flying to Cancun (Cancun has done will with making their flights very affordable.)

audsley

This should open up another new industry in Rocky Pt - car rentals. Sorry, but I'm an American, and if I can't do some exploring and control my own transportation while I'm on vacation, I might as well stay home.

We have lots of friends and relatives who want to come down - but the four hour drive after a long flight makes them hesitate. (Not to mention the lack of shuttles from Tucson, cost of renting a car to drive across the border) A flight from the US would really be a great thing for us - whether from Tucson or Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Kea

We live 1120 miles away and we drive so can bring our dog and everything else we need / want. But we also have time to do this. We have family and friends that can take off work a week at a time, max. They have expressed a great desire to visit us and Peñasco but it takes too long to get there. We have been known to pick them up at the Phoenix airport. The Vegas flights would be great for them since there are usually cheap flights to there. But Tucson would work as well. The more options the better.

And we would then help out the local rental car business because we would need a bigger vehicle while our "big" family visits!

I'd like to fill out the survey & send it to my friends and family to fill in. It's just difficult to apply the questions to our situation.

Roberto

This should open up another new industry in Rocky Pt - car rentals. Sorry, but I'm an American, and if I can't do some exploring and control my own transportation while I'm on vacation, I might as well stay home.
There are at least two rental agencies here now and they keep pretty busy. I rented to drive up to AZ on Monday.

Roberto

I'm not suggesting that flights would not be a good thing, just don't think the impact will be big in the near term anyway. There were flights from LA a bit back that failed miserably. Until there are lots of flyers, rates will not be reasonable.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
They have to fly in 1200 pasaengers

[h=1]Balmoral cruise to Acapulco Top with European visitors[/h]POSTED BY OSCAR BETHLEHEM NAZARIO / JANUARY 30, 2013

Acapulco, Gro. MEXICO . This morning I arrived at the port of Acapulco Balmoral cruise of the Norwegian company Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines based in the UK and brings on board 1.300 mostly British tourists.

In an interview some passengers said the Acapulco Bay is spectacular. Russell, New Zealander citizen commented that s her first time in Acapulco and was surprised by how big the city, as is the smallest expected, adding that "the weather is spectacular, I hope to be here again at another time".

The boat is flagged Nassau and the crew is British. At least half of the passengers will be until midnight on Wednesday conducting tours of the city.
[h=2]Photogallery[/h]
Balmoral Cruise up to Acapulco. Oscar Photo Bethlehem / ACAPULCOTOWN.COM

We have lots of friends and relatives who want to come down - but the four hour drive after a long flight makes them hesitate. (Not to mention the lack of shuttles from Tucson, cost of renting a car to drive across the border) A flight from the US would really be a great thing for us - whether from Tucson or Las Vegas or Phoenix.
Ditto.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Maybe you should float this idea amongst your storage an rv people. While you are doing that I think we will continue with our plan. All water coming into the marina floats all boats equally. As long as we are all doing it for the right reason then the results will be the same or better.