Tune in to watch Pto. Penasco on TV!

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
If I'm an accountant in Newark right now, seeing a modern 2+BR condo with waterslides on a warm beach going for $130k, I'm Googling "Rocky Point Dan".

They took some generous liberties with the openers, showing a more lushly tropical locale, and botched the distance from Chandler as 400 miles. But solid piece for Penasco.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Can somebody post a link? All I had was Oregon and Boston. I want to see it....Nothing on the website....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
If I am a tour guide in Mexico I dont get HGTV (too poor) but I like the warm beach so I may not google Rocky Point Dan but I will send him an email......nice job from what I heard.

LadyJeeper - you need to look at House Hunters International - not the regular one. There was some liberty with the way they described the market - for instance, they say "the region's competitive market" - they must be talking about the drug trade and not real estate. Also, they say "supply is limited" - i'm not sure where they get that from. All in all though, it certainly can't hurt and may get people up in Phoenix and surrounding areas thinking about Penasco again. I agree with the comments about the wife - she was obnoxious - the poor guy works like a dog and just wants a view - she wants the Taj Mahal on a duplex budget.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
I know...she is so bold as to say she wants to stay at the swim-up bar while he puts in his 90-hour weeks and her autistic and Aspergers kids are taken care of in a resort kid's club. Ugh. And at the end the kids both want to bunk together in the room she didn't think was fit for even one of them anyway! Not my kinda peeps, but ridiculously good piece for Penasco, warts and all. Catch it online when you can, Russ and Ladyjeeper.

Kea

You might check the 11:30 MT re-broadcast. Maybe they'll shoe the right one next. My guide shows Boston & Peñasco again.

AZ ROB

After watching other episodes of the same show I thought maybe they would have been looking at some high end homes in Las Conchas.

mis2810

I know...she is so bold as to say she wants to stay at the swim-up bar while he puts in his 90-hour weeks and her autistic and Aspergers kids are taken care of in a resort kid's club. Ugh. And at the end the kids both want to bunk together in the room she didn't think was fit for even one of them anyway! Not my kinda peeps, but ridiculously good piece for Penasco, warts and all. Catch it online when you can, Russ and Ladyjeeper.
He probably works 90 hours a week to stay away from her! I'm glad that they showed that both kids wanted to stay in the same room after all, especially the room she didn't think either one of them would want.

Yeah. We noticed some major attitude there. But I'm sure that Pina Colada at Del Capitan brought the intensity down a notch. (Too bad she didn't order their margarita -- that would have cured her for life!) The good news is that as a new owner in Penasco, she can hope to absorb some of that friendly, relaxed, kicked-back-happy, no-worries vibe that prevails.

fasteddy

Great show. I agree about the wife having a rough attitude. My wife was just happy to be able to see the ocean! I'm not sure where they got a couple of the
shots that were shown, way too tropical. Overall, a very good picture of the town!

Ed

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
OK gang,
I have scoured the website and can't find it. Would one of you post a link here so I can watch it tonight? Thanks!

jerry

Those rat kids need Jim's 260 pound "cannonball sliding while drunk" visitor to teach them some pool manners

mondone

Whitecaps
If I'm an accountant in Newark right now, seeing a modern 2+BR condo with waterslides on a warm beach going for $130k, I'm Googling "Rocky Point Dan".

They took some generous liberties with the openers, showing a more lushly tropical locale, and botched the distance from Chandler as 400 miles. But solid piece for Penasco.
I caught that, but I'm guessing they meant round trip.