Turkey

Yeah that's all good ,except we already have a 7 hr. drive and the more we stop ,the harder it gets. We'll see how it goes

Landshark

So we can't bring my 6 or 7 turkeys to lobos I take it. Why don't we shoot our self's in the foot while we are at it. I try to help and it is getting to the point of WHY BOTHER. Are they also busting you for clothes?
I think you should just go for it. The border crossing may have changed a little recently but it's really no different than it's ever been. Odds are good you will get a green light, and if you get the dreaded red light, odds are good that the agriculture guy won't be there. Pack smart and keep your fingers crossed.

dwig222

I have been buying chickens at Ley's for years. We stay in the condos and don't bring any food at all across the Mexican border. We have more problems crossing the USA border when we have huge amounts of Gulf shrimp, filet mignon from the Mexican butcher, tortillas, bakery goods, asparagus, oranges, etc. :D

Landshark

We have more problems crossing the USA border when we have huge amounts of Gulf shrimp, filet mignon from the Mexican butcher, tortillas, bakery goods, asparagus, oranges, etc. :D
I'll guarantee you there will be problems crossing into the US if they catch you with that stuff. Meat, fruit & veggies are prohibited items and will create problems for you. They found a few leftover meat & veggie items in my cooler several years ago and sent me to secondary inspection. Then unloaded all my stuff looking for more. There wasn't anything else so they gave me a lecture & said they could fine me 10K if they wanted to. I know they entered the info in their computer because I got searched every time after that for a year or so. They never found anything else so they finally gave up & don't hassle me anymore.

jerry

I'll guarantee you there will be problems crossing into the US if they catch you with that stuff. Meat, fruit & veggies are prohibited items and will create problems for you. They found a few leftover meat & veggie items in my cooler several years ago and sent me to secondary inspection. Then unloaded all my stuff looking for more. There wasn't anything else so they gave me a lecture & said they could fine me 10K if they wanted to. I know they entered the info in their computer because I got searched every time after that for a year or so. They never found anything else so they finally gave up & don't hassle me anymore.
brings new meaning to the old joke about hiding the Salami

May not like it but no big deal. Just pre cook, wrap to freeze and freeze. Put them in a cooler as you would any way and buy a little dry ice at Walmart and put it on top.
Put some newspaper on top of the turkey so the dry ice does not burn it.
Just roll with the rules and enjoy your trip
Happy Thanksgiving

AZRob

Well if I have turkey down there Ill be bring my own, after reading that. I should just stick to turkey fish I catch, put a couple bird feathers on it and the kids wont know the dif. .:rolleyes: