Turnaround time for a passport

JimMcG

Good Luck getting back to the good ol' USA because they check 99% of the time now...don't know for sure what happens if you are not up-to-date.
Maybe someone does?
Even with the passport requirement, the US guys at Lukeville are still very flexible, especially driving your own US licensed vehicle back home into the US.
International airports are a completely different ball game where people without the correct papers are turned back regularly to their country of origin. They have to catch the next flight back.

Yeah, if I was Hispanic, Italian, Greek or anything that might be considered "ethnic" looking, even if I was raised in America, etc., I wouldn't be pushing the limits of the law. (And slowing up the line!) I owe that at least to the people I'm on a trip with--I'm not at the border to make some political statement about my rights as an American citizen—I understand why the new regulations have been put in place.

It’s pretty simple why I haven’t done it yet. Mostly just me being lazy, slightly ticked off about any changes to what I've been doing the last 22 years going down there, and, ultimately, me being cheap & resisting giving the govt. money to go into a "free zone."

Last edited:

jerry

I never show them my passport just for the hell of it. You birthers should refuse until you see that Muslim Obama's birth certificate

Kenny

honest and straight forward post

Yeah, if I was Hispanic, Italian, Greek or anything that might be considered "ethnic" looking, even if I was raised in America, etc., I wouldn't be pushing the limits of the law. (And slowing up the line!) I owe that at least to the people I'm on a trip with--I'm not at the border to make some political statement about my rights as an American citizen—I understand why the new regulations have been put in place.

It’s pretty simple why I haven’t done it yet. Mostly just me being lazy, slightly ticked off about any changes to what I've been doing the last 22 years going down there, and, ultimately, me being cheap & resisting giving the govt. money to go into a "free zone."
After reading that honest and straight forward post ( is that refreshing or what?) I just went to your profile and clicked on befriend GringoZona.

Kenny

The "free zone." was a nice touch.

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

We applied for our passport cards after receiving our passports last year. The turn around time for the cards was 3 weeks exactly. Unfortunately, we had to make a couple of trips to Mexico during the time we didn't have passports. On a return trip from Nogales, we explained the situation, and the border agent said "Those things happen" and let us go through. On a return trip from Penasco, we showed our drivers license and birth certificate, and the agent wasn't as nice. He said he could fine us, and that we should have made copies of our passports and that would have let us through no problem. So if you apply for the passport card ($20), just make a copy of your passport before you send it off with your application.