Typical long weekend in RP.... How about you?

My daily plans for a long weekend in RP.... How about yours?

When we come down, this has become more or less our usual schedule.
Thursday - Leave work at about 11am, luggage in the trunk, cross at San Luis Rio Colorado at about 4 or 5PM, arrive at Rocky Point at about 8. Stop by the Super Ley for Sodas/Water/Liquor. Into Cholla bay at about 9, shower and unpack a few things. A few drinks, a small bonfire, and then to bed.

Friday - Up early, breakfast at Xochitl's (Chile Rilleno or Chilaquiles con Pollo pechuga, sin crema). Drive out to orphanage to drop off whatever we brought this time, hang out with the kids for a few minutes, talk to the staff and find out what they need us to bring the next time we come down. Stop by Thrifty for Ice Cream ( We have never done this at home, only in RP. Go figure) Pick up one or 2 chickens from Pollo Sinaloa for later in the night. Either a short nap or an hour or 2 of fishing or swimming, eat some chicken, then clean up and head for town. Last time we went to the Malecon for an hour or 2, bought a piece of cake from the bakery on the North end of town, then to Changos. That place is great, good food and drinks, good live band, and fair prices. Back home then off to bed.

Saturday - Up early, buy some shrimp from the shrimp truck for later. Fishing or swimming for an hour or 2, then take a drive. Last time we drove around the estuary, and then to Rodeo drive for a massage for the wife. I forget what the place is called, I think "Azul" something. 40$ for 50 minutes. I usually have a beer and browse around while I'm waiting for her to finish. Back to the house, then put on a movie and relax. Spend the last part of the night visiting a friend or just looking at the stars.

Sunday - Up at 5am, packed and out the door at 6am. Stop by Xochitl's for breakfast to go. Enjoy the views on the drive back (I love the part with the huge sand hills overlooking the sea) and arrive home by 3 or 4 pm. Unpack and immediately begin plans for a return trip.

To me it's a perfect weekend, the only thing that is missing is some time out on a boat. This weekend we will be on the Bird Island trip, but I would eventually like to find someone to go out with on a regular basis when we come down.

What does your perfect long weekend look like?

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Sorry aaronleez, but that sounds way too complicated, ours is a lot simpler since we are beachbums.
Arrive to town, if late get ready for bed, if early gather the shade, chairs and drinks go to the beach spend all day there untill the sun goes down, in an out of the water a lot, play bacci ball, horse shoes or just stare at the water and waves, FOR HOURS!!! NICE!!!
Once the sun goes down, we head home, yes home, our trailer, and either make dinner or go to one of our favorite places, go back home watcha movie, take a walk on the beach and go to bed afterwards.
Basically everyday is that way unless there is something going on and requieres attention, like a bike rally, or festival del libro, etc. then the ugly day comes when we have to return to the real world, I hate those days!!
Simple, relaxing and pleasurable!! :eek3:

When we come down, this has become more or less our usual schedule.
Thursday - Leave work at about 11am, luggage in the trunk, cross at San Luis Rio Colorado at about 4 or 5PM, arrive at Rocky Point at about 8. Stop by the Super Ley for Sodas/Water/Liquor. Into Cholla bay at about 9, shower and unpack a few things. A few drinks, a small bonfire, and then to bed.

Friday - Up early, breakfast at Xochitl's (Chile Rilleno or Chilaquiles con Pollo pechuga, sin crema). Drive out to orphanage to drop off whatever we brought this time, hang out with the kids for a few minutes, talk to the staff and find out what they need us to bring the next time we come down. Stop by Thrifty for Ice Cream ( We have never done this at home, only in RP. Go figure) Pick up one or 2 chickens from Pollo Sinaloa for later in the night. Either a short nap or an hour or 2 of fishing or swimming, eat some chicken, then clean up and head for town. Last time we went to the Malecon for an hour or 2, bought a piece of cake from the bakery on the North end of town, then to Changos. That place is great, good food and drinks, good live band, and fair prices. Back home then off to bed.

Saturday - Up early, buy some shrimp from the shrimp truck for later. Fishing or swimming for an hour or 2, then take a drive. Last time we drove around the estuary, and then to Rodeo drive for a massage for the wife. I forget what the place is called, I think "Azul" something. 40$ for 50 minutes. I usually have a beer and browse around while I'm waiting for her to finish. Back to the house, then put on a movie and relax. Spend the last part of the night visiting a friend or just looking at the stars.

Sunday - Up at 5am, packed and out the door at 6am. Stop by Xochitl's for breakfast to go. Enjoy the views on the drive back (I love the part with the huge sand hills overlooking the sea) and arrive home by 3 or 4 pm. Unpack and immediately begin plans for a return trip.

To me it's a perfect weekend, the only thing that is missing is some time out on a boat. This weekend we will be on the Bird Island trip, but I would eventually like to find someone to go out with on a regular basis when we come down.

What does your perfect long weekend look like?
Try switching it up by shifting the trip by one day....and stay until Monday....then you don't have to get up at 5am.....at least on the trip back to AZ, there is no traffic, and very little waiting at the border.

BTW...is the road completed (paved) from the border all the way to El Golfo?

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Try switching it up by shifting the trip by one day....and stay until Monday....then you don't have to get up at 5am.....at least on the trip back to AZ, there is no traffic, and very little waiting at the border.

BTW...is the road completed (paved) from the border all the way to El Golfo?
The road is complete all the way from RP to San Luis except for a bridge over pass outside of San Luis, it is smooth and the trip is short - like 2:30 from RP to he border
check out travel log at http://www.penascorecreation.com/roadlog.htm km by km discussion

Inkaroads

It's not really a schedule, but the last few times we came down have been almost exactly the same. We didn't plan on it, but it seems to be a good mix of activities and relaxing.

RockyptJoe

We did that 3 weeks ago, left work on Thursday, returned home on Monday. Because we leave so early, the traffic/border usually isn't a problem no matter what day we leave. We like to leave early so we can get home early. The road to El Gulfo is completed and is an excellent drive. Very smooth, and very fast.

Ladyjeeper

that's just a less complicated description of what we do. You summed it up quite nicely.

Don't let aaronleez fool you. The only day he gets off is Sunday for the boat trip. The rest of the time he will be working on my house. It's a secret so don't let him know! I want it to be a surprize.

Don't let aaronleez fool you. The only day he gets off is Sunday for the boat trip. The rest of the time he will be working on my house. It's a secret so don't let him know! I want it to be a surprize.
So you were impressed with some of my previous work?

That one doesn't count because you were out with Gringo Loco (AKA Pops) the night before.
Yeah, but you can see that he took my idea for a "tower" to the extreme on his new property. In my first design posted on page 1, it was just a small addition to the roof.