Ulnar nerve neuropathy

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
So as not to further hijack the other thread, I decided to tell you all this here. Friday morning I woke up with a tingling and numbness in my left hand. I thought, "no biggie, I must have slept on it wrong". I just had an EKG a couple of months ago during my bout with high blood pressure and knew it wasn't my heart. It got worse over the weekend until I was pretty concerned. Yesterday, I went to the doctor and got this diagnosis. I am having x rays as soon as I can get in. I had barely heard of the ulnar nerve before this and googling it was terrifying. I damaged my shoulder about 10 years ago and the doc thinks that something is pressing on my nerve from that damage since I am getting older, stuff is shifting around. I will be talking with Mark about this this weekend as he has been thru it. It feels really wierd and I am soooo grateful that I am right handed! I used to say that "gettin' old ain't for sissies" as a joke but now that I am facing this and not knowing anything about it, I am a little scared. I am grateful it won't kill me, tho!!!!! It could have been worse! So far, I am still coming to Penasco this weekend and will see you all there! I'm sorry for stirring everybody up yesterday.

Chari

mis2810

Glad to hear you're feeling better today. I don't know anything about the ulnar nerve, but you sound like a very strong woman who is not going to let one little ulnar nerve get her down! Everything will go well, don't you worry! You have lots of friends around here thinking of you!

LJ... like I said don't put it off... it will only get worse, I have had the surgery on both of my elbows... I won't lie it is quite painful before and after the surgery but with a little therapy you'll be just like new... if you wait it out hoping it will get better on it's own, it ain't gonna happen... you will begin to see atrophy in the tissue between your thumb and index finger and starting with your pinky your fingers will begin to curl inwards and you will not be able to extend them... so like I told you before... JUST DO IT... don't put it off...

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
See? Terrifying......I am scheduling x rays as soon as they open, Mark

Mis, Thanks for the kind words. We should have a drink this weekend. I hope I am still able to come.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I had a gazillion x rays today. I will probably still be glowing when I arrive on Saturday! I am seeing a good chiropractor on Friday. He says he can fix it. I am still going to stay with my doc but am trying the chiro in the meantime. One can never have too many solutions! I'll keep ya' all posted.